CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help I have injected bird issues

traffic273

Hi

Can anyone tell me what a knock sensor does? My 2000 xxy injected bird has a fault code come up on the FI light. The reading is two long flashes and 5 fast (25). The bird is smelling realy rich (unburned fuel) through the exhausts. Would the knock sensor cause this fuel issue? For further info, I completed the full FI light fix and soldered the wiring.

Regards

Chris

Hi

Can anyone tell me what a knock sensor does? My 2000 xxy injected bird has a fault code come up on the FI light. The reading is two long flashes and 5 fast (25). The bird is smelling realy rich (unburned fuel) through the exhausts. Would the knock sensor cause this fuel issue? For further info, I completed the full FI light fix and soldered the wiring.

Regards

Chris

As I understand it, the knock sensor will pull a few degrees of timing (retard) but has no impact on the fuel delivery. I'd suspect that the integrity of the fuel pressure diaphragm has been compromised. Pull the vent lines and see if you've got any raw fuel in them - that's a sure sign of a bad fuel pressure regulator.

I dont know what the codes mean off hand but it sounds like it may be a little more than the FPR.

Knock sensor would not be it either, test the IAT sensor on the airbox if they get wet they go bye bye.

Hi

Regards

Chris

The knock sensor should be screwed into a cooling sys jacket & it senses a knock or ign ping as we know it & retards timing in an attempt to stop ping.Should have no afffect on fuelling issues.In cars has no affect on injector pulse or duration.May have alternate problem.Further diagnosis required for this one.

Thanks Jason for the advice. Do knock sensors go often?

Regards

The knock sensor should be screwed into a cooling sys jacket & it senses a knock or ign ping as we know it & retards timing in an attempt to stop ping.Should have no afffect on fuelling issues.In cars has no affect on injector pulse or duration.May have alternate problem.Further diagnosis required for this one.

Thanks Jason for the advice. Do knock sensors go often?

Regards

If you do a search you should find some people that were asking questions about the sensor and how to test it. But I don't ever remember anyone saying there sensor was bad. So no it's not something that normally goes.