CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pilot Road #2

rcskisfast

Need to replace my rear tire next week. The shop I get my tires asked me if I wanted Pilot Roads or pilot road 2's. I asked him what were pilot 2's, he told me they have 2 compounds hard in the middle and softer on the sides. Are any of you birdies running these on your bike? :icon_evilgrin:

Need to replace my rear tire next week. The shop I get my tires asked me if I wanted Pilot Roads or pilot road 2's. I asked him what were pilot 2's, he told me they have 2 compounds hard in the middle and softer on the sides. Are any of you birdies running these on your bike? :icon_evilgrin:

You will not be disappointed with a PR2 rear :icon_biggrin: I'm running the PR2 rear on a Busa and have friends that use them F/R on Birds and are quite happy with them. They will last very long if not abused. One Bird owner has reported to get more than 15000 km's (9000 miles) from a PR2 rear and about 25000 km's (15500 miles) from the front tyre. Last week I did a track day with the Busa and PR2 rear, it worked very nice, no slides and good pace.

post-3595-1217133351.jpg

post-3595-1217133363.jpg

post-3595-1217133446.jpg

I don't know why but mine seemed to require a break-in period.

The first 10 miles on any new tire are bad but these felt completely dangerous.

The next hundred miles were awful. The bike lacked straight line control and feel into corners.

I lowered the pressure from 38/42 to 34/36 and they felt better.

The next 500 miles, they were still bad in a straight line but less bad. The fell into the turn but stayed there pretty well.

Now I have over 1000 miles and we got used to each other. The chicken stripes are gone.

Almost zero effort on turn-in and she goes straight as long as there is no wind.