CBR1100XX.org Forum

2001 Red XX for sale

OK folks. As the title says, I will need to sell my 01' before making another possible purchase. It's a good deal on what's been a great bike for me and it's future owner for sure.

History:

I bought the bike from a dealer who took it in on a trade in October 2004. It had 5700 miles on it when I bought it and it was basically dead stock except for a set of D&D slip on's. The previous owner had knocked into something with it and the front fender, the uppper and both lowers were repainted.

Since then I moved to Florida and did a bunch of things to it. The current mileage is 21,174. The CCT was replaced at 11K miles. The chain and sprockets have about 6K miles on them and I'm currently running a Sunstar 16t front with a Renthal alloy 44t rear. I have the matching 45t steel for the rear with 4K miles on it. The bike will be sold with fresh double "H" pads in front and soon to be installed RaceTech 1kg/mm front springs with 7.5 wt oil.

Currently running Pilot Road tires with about 25% left in the front and 35% in the rear remaining.

Add on's.

HID Hi/Low 5,300K

Two Bothers Titanium Slip on's C-5 variety.(also have stock pipes)

PCIII mapped to the exhaust.

Corbin gunfighter and lady saddle in Carbon fiber (no back rest) Also have stock saddle.

Gen-Mar risers

Red anodized bar ends and Levers.

New Memphis shades screen (never installed)

LP low profile screen in transparent red.(bike has stock screen on it now)

Polished drivers and passengers rearsets.

PMR lanyard kill switch

36 LED rear turn signals

Clear Alternative tail light.

Adjustable dogbone link (never installed) also have a 2 position dogbone not currently installed.

Front end strap.

K&N air filter

Since I have owned the bike, it has had either Repsol full synthetic oil in it or Redline full synthetic. This bike runs great! No issues there. Dyno'd on an Eddy Current Dyno at 142hp and 83ft/lbs. Antifreeze was replaced last summer with Honda 50/50 and some water wetter. Sparkplugs replaced at 16K.

The only bad news is that 2 years ago the bike tipped over in my driveway onto it's left side. The left lower caught a little rash along with the stick muffler on the left side. The stator cover also has a little scuff on it. The left mirror case also caught a little abrasion in the tip over. The lowers have the usual stone chips down way low and the upper has a couple as well. The Tank is in good condition with a little rub mark from a water bottle in a tank bag. The rear cowling is nearly perfect.

This bike would make an awsome commuter bike or a great starting point for a show bike. Even after all these years, people walk up to it and they are not sure what the hell it is untill they stare at it for a little while. Overall the bike is in pretty good condition, it has been well maintained and always garaged.

And just to let those tire kickers know out there,,,,, I'm in no terrible rush to sell it. Please don't insult me or yourself by offering lowball numbers. All parts that were mentioned go with the bike. I'm not looking to sell this off peice by peice.

Asking $4,900

med_gallery_1831_664_203572.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_281509.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_442412.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_187627.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_290951.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_1591.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_47317.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_248539.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_332130.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_143919.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_167444.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_66787.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_542133.jpg

med_gallery_1831_664_423863.jpg

Bump--bump----good luck with the sale. Sure seems priced right-----happy trails kel

• 2 weeks later...
I would buy it myself .......BUT......... I have one just like it already !!!

except faster !!

I don't know about the faster part.

I know it's not quicker, and I know that I have done more work on your bike than I have my own!

So...... what are you going to replace it with??

It looks like it's going to stay for a while at this point.

No intrest has been generated so far on 2 forums and I don't want to sell it badly enough to dump it on craigs list. I guess it stays for now. :icon_confused:

• 1 month later...

"Man", and that'd be in the long whiney nasal tone. So many bikes and not much money! Good luck, I wished I had money left. That'd be Bird number three! Ya wanna talk on a '89 Vette barter?

Sent along a copy of ad to the slug bro-in-law. Now he says he wantz one. Just don't hold yer breath.

Again, good luck on sale. It looks nice and priced right..so far red is faster than black (sorry Paul).

"Man", and that'd be in the long whiney nasal tone. So many bikes and not much money! Good luck, I wished I had money left. That'd be Bird number three! Ya wanna talk on a '89 Vette barter?

Sent along a copy of ad to the slug bro-in-law. Now he says he wantz one. Just don't hold yer breath.

Again, good luck on sale. It looks nice and priced right..so far red is faster than black (sorry Paul).

No room for the Vette, sorry. Besides, I'm partial to the C-3 variety myself. Shoot. I have no room for a second bike forget a car !

In my 20'X20' garage , I've got the bike in there, the wife's car, my truck (community rules dictate it has to go away every night) the tools, generator,pressure washer etc. It's tight in there already.

I a little suprised that I have gotten as little responses on it as I have. I mean , yeah, if I were in a big rush to sell it I'd put it up on Craigs list I suppose but it won't kill me to keep it either. I was looking to sell it to "upgrade" to another bike with a little more power.

im not too far away and i am hoping it stays in your garage a FEW more months

john

It may just be at this rate. But, the big question is if the other bike will be there when some lucky person takes posetion of mine. With my luck the other bike will have sold and then I'll be without a bike all together.

I'm thinking Craigs list right about now.