CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: '08 ZX14 Special Edition **SOLD**

Ugh. You'll be sorry the first time you start cornering on the thing like you're used to and dragging shit everywhere. You'd definitely be better off finding the scratch to buy it and keep your 14, that way when you realize how much riding cruisers sucks, you'll still have your GT to ease the pain.

++1

Words of wisdom right there. Whatever you do, don't sell the 14. I know you can always come back to one but you'll be taking a nice $$ hit and that bike is soooo nicely set up. Believe it......YOU WILL.....end up getting sick of the cruiser and much sooner than later and wish you had your 14 back.

I did the same thing. Got a Nomad and sold my XX. After 10 months on the Nomad.....I was sooooooo over the cruiser thing. Then reality settles in and you realize that fun equals brakes, handling power, agility.....none of which a cruiser has.....not to mention the back breaking riding position of those bikes....YUCK!

I'll never go back. Thank goodness I got another Bird (and my SV).

Anyway....don't do it. It's a decision you'll surely regret having experienced a 14 already.

• 1 month later...

OMG will you regret selling that bike for the Raider. In 2 months you'll have the Raider for sale (or will want to). You've already been exposed to POWER, handling, brakes, agility, comfort (as in not sitting on your tailbone).......you'll miss it dearly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sold! Verbal aggrement anyway. Weather permitting, she'll be gone next Monday. :icon_neutral:

So are we making a run to Chicago to deliver, or is it sold locally?

OMG will you regret selling that bike for the Raider. In 2 months you'll have the Raider for sale (or will want to). You've already been exposed to POWER, handling, brakes, agility, comfort (as in not sitting on your tailbone).......you'll miss it dearly.

+1

Traded the Busa for a VTX, missed the inline four cylinder power almost immediately, sold the VTX and Matt saved my soul by selling me a blackbird.

Not that you can't have both, that would be ideal, but if you can only have one, you can cruise on a sportbike, but you can't sportbike on a cruiser.

Local, DeForest business owner and VFR owner. Test rode it and came back with a BIG grin! (of cource) :icon_evilgrin:

Perfekt!!!

+1

Traded the Busa for a VTX, missed the inline four cylinder power almost immediately, sold the VTX and Matt saved my soul by selling me a blackbird.

Not that you can't have both, that would be ideal, but if you can only have one, you can cruise on a sportbike, but you can't sportbike on a cruiser.

You can say that again. Cruisers suck. The Blackbird is magical. :icon_evilgrin: