CBR1100XX.org Forum

Corbin Beetle Bags + SWMotech Alu-rack?

JuXXtin

Checking to see if anyone has paired the Corbin Beetle Bags and the SWMotech Alu-rack at the same time? From the Alu-rack photos on twisted throttle:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/159/93/

...it looks like it might work, just would need to move the bags out 5-10mm's or so and play with the spacers. And maybe space the front bolt out a few mm to match the back spacing.

Has any tried or seen this match before??

:icon_think:

Hey,, whats going on,,,Justin.

Why yes I have, funny you should ask.

I have gone further, though so my results may not be what you want. I will shoot some pictures and post them later tonight.

But, you are right, it just is the top box that is the problem. And the purpose.

post-18893-1216071659.jpg

Hey Stan, that top box on your quad appears to be more tapered than most top boxes we see. What brand/model is it?

I have gone further, though so my results may not be what you want. I will shoot some pictures and post them later tonight.

Hey Stan!!

Sweet-mama! That's HUUUUUGGEEE!!!! :icon_evilgrin: How easy of a fit was the rack? Is it the SW-Motech brand?

(Can't wait to drive her again in the future. :icon_biggrin: )

It is a corbin streamliner. I wanted to stay with the LOOK. But, definatly not made for the bird. I have the alum mount from MOtec and adapted a quick mount from a HD. :icon_silenced:

It does require cutting the tips of the side bags. But one bolt and it is off. It's a good thing cause the side bags are inaccessable with it on. But for the trip to Nexxt, I can pack the long term stuff down below and the over night stuff up top. I have another idea, but have not done it yet, so it don't count. But, it should work right if I can get it figured how I want to do it. The front is quick connects, and if I can build some pivots on the back, I will be able to get in the side bags, and get it off without any bolts.

Stan,

Thks for the extra info there... that's great that you are going to make it up to PA this year!

Bren,

Must be your memory then :icon_twisted: mmm, maybe not, jk. Found it a month ago and finally was able to pick it up a week ago. You'll see her sometime I am positive!

Why does Stan's garage make me horny?

Don't know....

It should be Stan that makes you horny :icon_twisted:

He does have a great looking shop, from what I can see online.

40 x 65 12 foot eaves. Now that make me Hornyyyy.

But the 250 amp syncrowave Miller tig and Lathe and soon mill. Three phase in the shop. that says a lot. Hell the welder has a 9 amp service from the line..But, there is another building with stuff,,,and then outside has stuff...

I love stuff,

Wife said when I was building it, it was not big enough. I came.

Have a motocross track, and oval. 10 acres.

I ought to be walking around with a permanent grin. And I know it.

So I build. That is what I do.

More to come.

Thanks, sometimes, you need to take a look your self, and smell the roses. I think I just did.

Any ever out in the boondocks, come on by.

Stan,

Thks for the extra info there... that's great that you are going to make it up to PA this year!

Bren,

Must be your memory then :icon_twisted: mmm, maybe not, jk. Found it a month ago and finally was able to pick it up a week ago. You'll see her sometime I am positive!

I'm sleepin at the switch over here. Just noticed you're back on a Bird. What the hell happened to the Fizzer??

Oh & Stan, your garage is pimp!!

Stan,

Bren,

I'm sleepin at the switch over here. Just noticed you're back on a Bird. What the hell happened to the Fizzer??

Oh & Stan, your garage is pimp!!

Hey Troy! ZZZzzzzzzz...

I'm currently reviewing the two of them side-by-side for NASA, it's classified... :D

Research is fine, just so long as it's not a NASA mission! We can't have you launching bikes off the side of a mountain, ya know. Besides, you'll never reach escape velocity that way :icon_twisted:

• 1 month later...

Any problem opening the beetle bag lids with the top box on?

Which top box are you using a v46 or a maxia 52?

Finally, Do you feel that extending the bolt lengths with the spacers can potentially lead to an over-stress situation and shear off the mounting bolts or tear the threads off of the subframe?

Any problem opening the beetle bag lids with the top box on?

Which top box are you using a v46 or a maxia 52?

Finally, Do you feel that extending the bolt lengths with the spacers can potentially lead to an over-stress situation and shear off the mounting bolts or tear the threads off of the subframe?

Yes, the topcase blocks the beetle's lids. Must move the topcase back slightly or off each time.

JCW, about 45L.

I did have that concern during installation, so I used industrial strength hex bolts, forgot the grade. Then had them extend all the way through the subframe an extra ~.5". Then used a m6 and m8 nylon thread locking nut on each of the two bolts on each side to ensure they don't back out and don't strip out.

So far, 800 miles on that setup, most of which loaded with luggage... all is well.

DSC08909.JPG