CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: Commuter bike for me, that girlfirend can ride on trips

So I need a commuter bike, and I don't want to put the miles on the bird.

So I am looking for ideas on a bike I can ride to work and let Do ride on the weekends and to meets.

Something light enough for her to handle, but still in the 600cc range...So I can have fun on it.

Any ideas or leads.. about $3000 or less.. age of bike really isn't important as long as the reliability is consistent..

Oh, and of course it has to look cool... :icon_cool:

Thanks...

It's now got a Corbin on it, but I still have the orginal seat. It may need new tires soon, only due to age. I think it's got about 7k miles on it, and the carbs need to be cleaned. It's got a few scrapes on the lower grey fairing. Tank has no dents, and everything electrical works great.

med_gallery_2282_161_1037730.jpg

med_gallery_2282_161_128674.jpg

Not bad..

She looks thrilled...Thanks Ben..

That would work for Do. I'll swing it by her...

I wonder if I can find anything more favorable to my large butt, and with a tiny bit more power

Not bad..

She looks thrilled...Thanks Ben..

That would work for Do. I'll swing it by her...

I wonder if I can find anything more favorable to my large butt, and with a tiny bit more power

Remember every 7lbs = 1 hp :icon_twisted:

Weight Watchers my friend :icon_evilgrin:

That 500 will make a great commuter even for your big ass your talkin 50mpg easy if you go easy on it.

Local rider offered me his '04 600RR for the payoff of $3500.

It has a little rash, but clean title, no cracked plastics, 12k miles, and it is blue.

He has a baby due in a week or two and needs to get rid of the payment.

Picture1101.jpg

IMG_7098Small.jpg

mz4miwymtdmnmuzzexcy.jpg

Since I got my 696 Duc, I have noticed something I never noticed before in Harley heavy Albuquerque.... the coolness factor.

We all know what kind of bike the bird is and facts can not be disputed, but... I have gotten more "compliments" on the duc from Harley riders than I can count. It's really hard cause I am used to defending my Japanese bird and here are a bunch of old salts saying how cool my bike is. I have an issue, I guess. Anyhoo, an old 620 decked out can be had if you shop for it, coolness factor is up there, rideability on my monster is amazing, compared to the bird. I am very happy with my little 696 and I don't see a 620 or a 695 with some miles as being too far from what I got. Also, you really have to look to see the engine designation on a bike now. FWIW, I rarely see over 85 mph, unless I am on an isolated street somewhere with no other traffic. My 696 can make it to 100 with no problems, and still looks like a good bike and doesn't make me look like a gorilla fucking a football at a street light.

maybe look into a 919 or 599 hornet.

they are super reliable excellent for commuting and going very cheap.

one can be had for sure with low mileage for 3000.

both are plenty fast, but not as cool as a ducati.

le coq.

ps what year is the ninja 500

Just buy the ninja at 2-3k you cant go wrong, you wont find a better/cheaper commuter at that price, Plus it has a corbin...... which probably cost 1/2 the price of the BB value of the bike, buy it & run !

But I love my bike!!!

You should just ride my bike to work. It's the best. Then you could spend the three grand taking me out to dinner instead. (but not all at once, please)

(Also, I think you just want me to ride the Ninja cuz it matches your little outfit. All things black and red. I'd have to ride it to know if I liked it, but I have a perfectly good bike that I love. Although that would be a good excuse to go visit Ben and Michelle... )

post-1517-1215538457.jpg