CBR1100XX.org Forum

Odd fuel/running condition

TOXXIC

Stan, I am so confused, did you add or change screen names?

My orginal account, developed a problem, and nobody can get into it, so far. Jason thought the update last night would fix it but looks like it is going to be more trouble than that. Had to set up another new account to be able to get on and visit.

Glad I have two bikes....

Stan, if you still can't log on to the cbrxxquad account, call or PM me.

I can access the account now, so it appears Jason did fix it, just a matter of getting you back in now.

Thanks for the help guys! The hi-dollar FPR arrived and I installed it last night. However, suspect I could have been more effective in my installation. I used vise grips and carefully pinched off the fuel return line, and set it in a cottage cheese container. Next, I disconnected the vacuum line and removed the 24 mm hex headed fastener holding the FPR to the fuel rail.

Once the FPR was removed, a steady flow of gasoline began to pour/trickle out the end of the fuel rail. Simultaneously, I tried to catch the gas, and remove the O ring connectors from the old FPR and install them in the new FPR. Eventually I got the new FPR seated, and tightened down. I did have a nice puddle of gas under the bike when I was done. I completely rinsed the effected areas off and buttoned it back together.

Short of draining the tank, what could I have done differently to avoid the fuel spill?

Fired the bike up and it backfired and ran rough, but eventually it cleared itself out and began to run smoothly.

Hopefully I won't have to replace the sparkplugs, as I am cheap and don't want to mess with them during peak riding season.

Could have relieved the pressure off the main fuel line, the one coming off the fuel pump with the banjo bolts, but you still would have had a little gas runoff anyway just less of it.

As a rule I always pull the return line from the FPR and put in a gas storage tank till it runs dry. Break the banjo fitting on the other side, unplug the electric plugs and remove the tank. Empty.

Nothing to it and never a problem. Never have replaced the crush washers either.