CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI light question-engine stalling ???

CBRRR

Help- My 03 Bird has been cutting off when riding approx. 5 or 6 times over the last 600 miles or so. It has 10k miles and fresh oil. It occurs when I am at light throttle. After the bike cuts out, the FI light comes on and the bike will restart if I leave it in gear. If I pull in the clutch the engine will die but restart as soon as I let the clutch out like jumpstarting it. It pulls a number 1 code which is the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor checked out according to the tests the OEM shop manual told me to run. I don't know what to try next...

Help- My 03 Bird has been cutting off when riding approx. 5 or 6 times over the last 600 miles or so. It has 10k miles and fresh oil. It occurs when I am at light throttle. After the bike cuts out, the FI light comes on and the bike will restart if I leave it in gear. If I pull in the clutch the engine will die but restart as soon as I let the clutch out like jumpstarting it. It pulls a number 1 code which is the MAP sensor. The MAP sensor checked out according to the tests the OEM shop manual told me to run. I don't know what to try next...

I just did a bunch of trouble shooting on my F4i.

I was having a bunch of trouble getting it started. It still says i have an IAT sensor bad, but runs fine. I checked it out, and the manual says it should be the ECU if the IAT is good.

Could it be the computer? Have you checked the connectors?

If you used the manual, you probally checked the voltage coming out of the connector. Normal?

I had a similair issue after installing my undertail, the ECU would bounce around & the ignition would cut out for a second or two, I then secured it to the subframe (via zip tye) & have not had that problem since.