CBR1100XX.org Forum

No Headlight!

Sybartic

Have a 2001 XX. Got home last night, and the headlight went out as I pulled in the driveway. Thinking it's a bulb, I flicked the highbeam switch and got nothing there either. Cycled the key, and it made the headlight flicker and went out again. About 2-3 months ago I thought it flickered one day as I was pulling it out of the garage, but I assumed it was the crack and I was seeing things.

Checked the bulbs this morning. Both good. Checked voltage at the bulb connections. 12 V on top on low beams. 12 V on both when high beams are on. Put the bulbs back on, and still nothing. Checked the fuse, it's good. Bulb connections look good, no unusual or extreme corrosion.

Feeling like a ground problem to me, so I checked the loom a little bit, and didn't see anything that set off any red flags. The unusual part that I noticed was that when i (sometimes!) cycled the high beams this morning, it took about 3-5 seconds for the high beam indicator to flick on and I heard a click from the back. I can't isolate which relay that controls this, and I don't have a diagram to consult.

I'm hoping that someone has had a similar problem and can point me in the right direction. Any ideas and help are greatly appreciated! 4.19 a gallon gas has parked the truck for the summer... or so i had hoped. Thanks in advance!

Nick