CBR1100XX.org Forum

Electrosport Stator????

Stinger_916

Has anyone installed a Electrosport stator? If so did Electrosport send you the wrong connectors for the BB?? I just got mine & when I took it out of the box I noticed the connectors were different. So I am thinking just swap out the old 3 prong connector, well that's not as easy as I thought. Would anyone have a source for the OEM spade connectors used on the stator wiring???

Has anyone installed a Electrosport stator? If so did Electrosport send you the wrong connectors for the BB?? I just got mine & when I took it out of the box I noticed the connectors were different. So I am thinking just swap out the old 3 prong connector, well that's not as easy as I thought. Would anyone have a source for the OEM spade connectors used on the stator wiring???

What year model bike do you have ? They probably sent you one for a 1997-98 BB which have different connectors, send it back !!!

What year model bike do you have ? They probably sent you one for a 1997-98 BB which have different connectors, send it back !!!

I have a 03' but I double checked the order and they sent me the right one but I did not order the 4 pin connector kit thinking it would come that way.

I'm pretty sure TitaniumBird just replaced his with an electrosport, and he had the same issue. He ended up cutting his old wiring to his stator, as well as cutting off the wrong plug. Then simply solider the 3 wires, and you're done. Cleanest and easiest, don't have to find any speciality spade connectors.

I had a problem with the stock connector on my 2000, and after messing with it for ever, decided to cut the plug off and replace the spades and blades with bullets. My voltage problem was in the connectors. Should have soldered them but wanted to remove the problem, to know it was the problem. Turns out that the spring in the spade was to loose and the connection was weak. Caused heat and low voltage.. Worried about the size of the connectors and amount of contact area. Heat looked to be a problem as the connector had melted, but the bullet connectors are fine.

So, I plan to do the solder the bullets to the wire and seal with heat shrink and dielectric grease. Should be permanent.

Some times my typing and talking are from another world. Must be a Texan thang. That and I can't spell and I type in the dark..

Hope it makes sence..

I'm pretty sure TitaniumBird just replaced his with an electrosport, and he had the same issue. He ended up cutting his old wiring to his stator, as well as cutting off the wrong plug. Then simply solider the 3 wires, and you're done. Cleanest and easiest, don't have to find any speciality spade connectors.

That's exactly what I did today & the whole thing went very smooth. I did get a bit of a scare when I fired it up, dam thing make one hell of a shrieking sound for about a second or two. So I shut it down, tried it one more time & no noise. Did it a third time & still no noise. So I am wondering what the hell the noise was, has any one had this happen?

That's exactly what I did today & the whole thing went very smooth. I did get a bit of a scare when I fired it up, dam thing make one hell of a shrieking sound for about a second or two. So I shut it down, tried it one more time & no noise. Did it a third time & still no noise. So I am wondering what the hell the noise was, has any one had this happen?

Never heard of such an occurance before. Is your stator's output now correct? The only thing I can think of is the new stator wasn't aligned correctly, and it was grinding. Sure hope not, but I can't imagine where a screeching could have been coming from.

Maybe it was your AC belt :icon_evilgrin:

Never heard of such an occurance before. Is your stator's output now correct? The only thing I can think of is the new stator wasn't aligned correctly, and it was grinding. Sure hope not, but I can't imagine where a screeching could have been coming from.

Maybe it was your AC belt :icon_evilgrin:

Nope it was not the AC belt, I checked that first and it seems to be in good order :icon_evilgrin:

I thought of the stator being misalighned as well but I took my time and made sure that was correct, so I stop by a local dealer and the mech I talked to said it might be the starter clutch. He said since I swapped out the stator and cleaned all the oil out of the case the clutch might have been starved for a bit of oil and was making that sound I heard. He told me to keep an eye on how it starts and if the clutch is going it will get harder and harder to start. I took it up to Americade this weekend and it ran like a normal Black Bird no more shrieking.