CBR1100XX.org Forum

Won't Start / Clicking

kkfast

I should lurk in the Garage instead of the Pub. Maybe I'd learn a few things........

My bike wouldn't start the other day. Low battery I figured and put the charger on it.

Today I turn it on, all of the lights come on nice and bright, I try to start it and all I get is a loud clicking from under the seat. I remove the charger and the lights are dim and it won't turn over but no clicking.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I should lurk in the Garage instead of the Pub. Maybe I'd learn a few things........

My bike wouldn't start the other day. Low battery I figured and put the charger on it.

Today I turn it on, all of the lights come on nice and bright, I try to start it and all I get is a loud clicking from under the seat. I remove the charger and the lights are dim and it won't turn over but no clicking.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Replace your battery, it's toast. Then do a diagnosic on the charging system. There's a chart for that around here somewhere.

Yeah I had a battery in my F100 do this very thing a few months ago, was working OK one day then the next morning went to start her for work and the lights and instruments were fine but just click, click :icon_confused:

I started tapping the starter motor thinking that was the problem then called the RAC (breakdown service) and the mechanic took one listen and said a dud battery, did a load test and said a plate had broken inside so it had 12v+ until you put a load on then it dropped to like 5v :icon_eek:

The battery was only 11 moths old too so I got it replaced under warranty (after a bit of convincing :icon_surprised: )