CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front fork swap

speedfreak9t9

Hello everyone out there. I'm looking at sorting out the front end on my 07 'bird and was wondering if anyone has done a complete fork transplant? Will BLADE or CBR forks fit in the yolks or is it a drama? Any help will be grateful. Otherwise what are the general thoughts for spring changes and oil weight to sort it out at the front. It's the only thing that is niggling me about the bike and it'll be great to sort it out.

Thanks, speedfreak9t9.

We have a couple members who have transplanted wierd shit to the front of their bikes...

Busa and ZX14 in fact... Both were awesome mods (too much bike-downtime for mw to think of it seriously tho)

We have a couple members who have transplanted weird shit to the front of their bikes...

Busa and ZX14 in fact... Both were awesome mods (too much bike-downtime for me to think of it seriously tho)

+1 Also there are quite a few that have done the RC51(SP1) front end swap but again not cheap and there is a bit of work and parts involved plus it means delinking the brakes :icon_think:

Warchild put a Traxxion AK-20 cartridge kit in his bike and believes it it's as good as USD forks :icon_think: Not cheap whatever you do :icon_surprised:

I just put some 04 BB forks in my 98 with uprated 1.2kg/mm springs and 5w oil and it has made a big difference on the ride :icon_biggrin: Just need to sort out the high speed weave which I seem to have narrowed down to the head bearings :icon_think:

Cheers for the replies lads, will look out side the honda stable, suzuki stuff is good enough as second best. Most people seem to go for 1.2 kg springs and 5woil so maybe that's the way if nothing looks easy to fit.

We have a couple members who have transplanted wierd shit to the front of their bikes...

Busa and ZX14 in fact... Both were awesome mods (too much bike-downtime for mw to think of it seriously tho)

Did the bird remain unchanged (overseas) from 2003 until 2007?

Was production finally ceased in 07...no 08 model?

Good info to know!

thanks

Did the bird remain unchanged (overseas) from 2003 until 2007?

Was production finally ceased in 07...no 08 model?

Good info to know!

thanks

Basically it was unchanged here in Aus (and I believe worldwide) except for colours and the screen :icon_confused:

Production ceased about July last year for here in Aus, last shipments in August 07 although they are still selling the remaining stock and they are compliance plated as 08's :icon_surprised: