CBR1100XX.org Forum

Any Midwesterners interested in a cherry 03 with 2,300 miles

As many have stated here before, if you use your legs for support and don't rely so mush on your wrists, you can take the load off the wrists. Try to tighten up a bit with your legs against the tank. It may take some getting used to.

I have a set of VFR Clip ons coming......Anybody use Genmars under the VFR's too?

I've had my VFR bars sitting atop Genmar risers for the past 40,000 miles or so. When I de-linked my brakes, I installed braided brake and clutch lines which are a bit longer than the stock ones. Check to see that you have enough slack with the OEM lines first. If so......... I think that you'll enjoy the added height with that set up.

Well, I picked up a cherry 05 FZ1 yesterday with under 3K on the clock and you guys were right; very buzzy. I was very pleased initally with the ergo's and handling but as the miles wore on (rode it home 200 plus miles) I really missed the smoothness of the BB. I actually don't ride distances like that anymore and only really do short little jaunts that the FZ would be perfect for. But at this point I just don't know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well, I rode them back to back and the decision is in. There is no comparison; I guess I can keep wearing my new BB jacket :icon_evilgrin:

yup...borrowed my friend's '05 FZ1 for a whole afternoon then got back on the Bird. No question...Bird is so much smoother, more refined, better power delivery.....etc....etc.

Well, I rode them back to back and the decision is in. There is no comparison; I guess I can keep wearing my new BB jacket :icon_evilgrin:

Thought that might be the case, that was my experience also with the FZ1. The guy I sold my fizzer to loves it, but he's never flown with a bird either. I have been checking out convertibars but they are a little expensive, the genmar plus the vfr bars might be interesting, let me know how you like it if you go that route.

Thought that might be the case, that was my experience also with the FZ1. The guy I sold my fizzer to loves it, but he's never flown with a bird either. I have been checking out convertibars but they are a little expensive, the genmar plus the vfr bars might be interesting, let me know how you like it if you go that route.

Genmars under the VFR Bars worked out really nice :icon_biggrin: