CBR1100XX.org Forum

Any Midwesterners interested in a cherry 03 with 2,300 miles

You will not find a more cherry BB and it only has 2,300 miles. I put 100 miles on her today and can't handle the hunched back. Looks Like I'm going baxk to a Generation1 FZ1. I lowered the pegs which took care of the leg cramps and installed Genmar Risors which helped the wrists but not my back.

This BB is cherry with the following mods: ZG Double Bubble Dark smoke Screen, Peg Lowering Brackets, Genmar Risors, Yosh CF Cans, Hugger, Under Tail with LED Tail lights and Rear Turn Signals, Clear front Turn Signal Lens. If I can get the $7,000 I paid for this 3 months ago I may let her go..........

I can e-mail pictures to interested parties.

You will not find a more cherry BB and it only has 2,300 miles. I put 100 miles on her today and can't handle the hunched back. Looks Like I'm going baxk to a Generation1 FZ1. I lowered the pegs which took care of the leg cramps and installed Genmar Risors which helped the wrists but not my back.

This BB is cherry with the following mods: ZG Double Bubble Dark smoke Screen, Peg Lowering Brackets, Genmar Risors, Yosh CF Cans, Hugger, Under Tail with LED Tail lights and Rear Turn Signals, Clear front Turn Signal Lens. If I can get the $7,000 I paid for this 3 months ago I may let her go..........

You need to get some 6th generation (2002 to 2007) VFR clip ons.

They will bring you back 2 inches and up 1 3/4 inches.

The Genmar don't come close.

Really.....If they can do that this bike is a keeper. At 2 different stops today I had people come up and ask what this Black Motorcycle was. It's nice having something somewhat rare. Thanks for the advice. I'll try and get some of those bars.

Hey Mike,

Did I pass you going in the opposite direction when I was heading to Madison on Sunday?

Pat

Keep the bird.

+1 VFR bars

Those clip-ons will help you "tour" your fantastic and clean super sport touring bike.

Although you will probably wait a long time, and search high and low, to find a used pair

+1 on the Solo cowl.

It looks like the pyramid.. CAaaaRZY EXPENSIVE...

Linky Do

But.. I thought you had to loose the grab bar to mount it.. ???

Can you still get the seat off with out unmounting the rear grab rail???

AMAZING looking bird...

What he said. My '98 was stock when I got it a few months ago.....back was sore a lot from the hunch/reach. VFR bars have been on for a month or 2 now....back pain gone. Ride is so much more comfortable it's like a different bike. Found the bars for $90 shipped on Ebay too.

+1 on the Solo cowl.

It looks like the pyramid.. CAaaaRZY EXPENSIVE...

Linky Do

But.. I thought you had to loose the grab bar to mount it.. ???

Can you still get the seat off with out unmounting the rear grab rail???

AMAZING looking bird...

No you dont have to loose the grab bar. I've had this cowl on my bike for a few years now.No problems,And have a second,One only, seat for two up.

post-1100-1211915680.jpg

post-1100-1211916059.jpg

I have located an FZ1 in the color scheme I have always liked and may simply buy it and do a side by side comparison on the two and sell the less comfy bike.

I formerly owned a 1st gen FZ1. It was a great bike, extremely upright seating position, almost like being perched on top of a motocross bike. Compared to the bird it is very 'buzzy,' makes good power up high, and is very clunky when shifting gears. Check the FZ1OA http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/ for information - it is a great bike, but just no comparison to a Blackbird. I would strongly recommend keeping the bird - get the VFR bars and lower the pegs for a better seating position.

I have located an FZ1 in the color scheme I have always liked and may simply buy it and do a side by side comparison on the two and sell the less comfy bike.

I formerly owned a 1st gen FZ1. It was a great bike, extremely upright seating position, almost like being perched on top of a motocross bike. Compared to the bird it is very 'buzzy,' makes good power up high, and is very clunky when shifting gears. Check the FZ1OA http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/ for information - it is a great bike, but just no comparison to a Blackbird. I would strongly recommend keeping the bird - get the VFR bars and lower the pegs for a better seating position.

Agree with plottsd.....rode my buddie's '05 FZ1 for a whole afternoon. Buzzy...didn't care for the riding position....nowhere near the smoothness of the Bird anywhere.....no comparison.

Really.....If they can do that this bike is a keeper. At 2 different stops today I had people come up and ask what this Black Motorcycle was. It's nice having something somewhat rare. Thanks for the advice. I'll try and get some of those bars.

that's one of the things that got me to look at a BB - "the stealth factor" - no big, goofy asian characters - like some cycles. Then there's the ride - case closed. Of course, mine's a 2000 - so it's the ti color.

Mike

There are a couple of other bar options for you to consider to give you a more comfortable ride.

Convertibars will allow an even greater range of adjustment than Helis.

http://www.convertibars.com/

I have seen a few fellow riders install a set of Spiegler LSL tubular handlebar conversions on their XXs that work extremely well and give you excellent leverage in slow speed handling.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm

I have a set of VFR Clip ons coming......Anybody use Genmars under the VFR's too?

No problem, though I would hold off on buying the Genmars. If the VFRs don't do the trick for you, you can sell them in about 15 minutes on this forum. Once you get much past the degree of rise and setback offered by a set of Helis or VFRs you will need to install longer brake and clutch lines. The other two companies I mentioned offer the proper lines to do that (Spieglers are already included). To use the FULL maximum range of the Convertibars (adjustable to about 4 inches of rise and approximately 3 inches of setback), you would also have to install extended length throttle cables that you can buy fairly inexpensively from Motion Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
Can I buy your VFR bars? Sorry to hear you are selling the bird.

I may haver jumped the gun a little yesterday. I'm going to take a longer ride in the next day or so. The little quick jaunt I did yesterday didn't bother my back, but it did bother my wrists. Doesn't really make any sense to me.........