CBR1100XX.org Forum

Petcock Diaphragm rebuild

matthend

I picked up my petcock rebuild kit today for the 97 Bird, and would really like to see an exploded view of how it goes together. Anyone have any ideas on how I can accomplish this? Thanks!

I don't know, but I think it's in the manual... You can download the manual here: http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32678

BTW, are you the guy Josh was helping out the other day when he called me?

Mike

lol, yeah that was me. Thanks a lot BTW, you two saved my ass... I have the manual in pdf but cant find it in there

Ain't nothin' but a thang...

Ah, I see... If you look at the rebuild kit, it should be pretty obvious as to what goes where when you take it apart.

Mike

I think I have it correct, the only thing is the main diaphragm has a nub on both sides, one being bigger than the other. I am not sure which way it goes in... and the smaller one has a kind of o ring that would fit perfectlly in a groove on the outside of it, but somehow that doesnt seem right. Arrrgh!!!!! T can probably post pics of it half assembled on my desk if that would help

I think I have it correct, the only thing is the main diaphragm has a nub on both sides, one being bigger than the other. I am not sure which way it goes in

Look at the casting... the female parts on the casting should tell you which one goes where... If they don't, it doesn't matter...

Mike