CBR1100XX.org Forum

Air/Fuel Ratio Meters

GadgetXX

I know some of you have meters on your bikes for Air/Fuel Ratio. What brands are you using and what likes and dislikes do you have? If you had to do it over again what would you do? After talking to Erik (EVLXX) at OzarXX, I am thinking of taking a closer look at my Air/Fuel ratio while the bike is in use. I had a custom map done, but I think with the ram air, it may change the ratio while the bike is moving. You thoughts and suggestions needed!!

TIA

Mike

All I know if that Eric got 240+ miles out of a tank last week on his XX.

Fucker needs to take a close look at my Expedition for me!

I think mine is running a tad rich. I get about 35mpg. I may not get as radical as eric, but I think I can do better than 35.

I run a Dynojet Wideband Commander, retails for $529, I think I paid $375.

Enables data logging with the SD card.

Good tool, but pricey.

Good tool, but pricey.

That is one that I was looking at, where did you find it that cheap? I think the lowest I found so far was about $425.

I have also been looking at the PCIII LCD to go with my PCIII. Would it be worth tuning realtime, or is logging and tunning workable?

Good tool, but pricey.

That is one that I was looking at, where did you find it that cheap? I think the lowest I found so far was about $425.

I have also been looking at the PCIII LCD to go with my PCIII. Would it be worth tuning realtime, or is logging and tunning workable?

I have the innovate lm1 and the xd1 remote guage. But, I got it before the pc3 and dash came out. I think I would like it and adjust on the fly would be a lot better than download and upload on the computer.

S

All I know if that Eric got 240+ miles out of a tank last week on his XX.

Proof!

DSC00605.JPG

WOW :icon_eek: That's 49.8 mpg!!!

I don't suppose you can tune a carb XX that refined. Can you?

Eric, are you running stock gearing?

Hi guys...

Well now that Jeff has posted the picture... and ridden with me during that entire tank full... so there's someone else to corroborate it.

I guess I'm going to have to explain and assist....

I'm running 17/44 gearing

and I think Stan may be right... and the Dash board thingy might be the ticket....

I wish I had the new PC3...

Yes Mike your probably running just a Tad Rich.... probably 13.1 to 1 all the time.... which is stupid.

13.1-13.4 will make you the best power on a stock motor... then if you lean it out to 14.2-14.7 during your cruising speeds... you should get about 40-42 mpg, and actually have a better throttle response.

So.... I don't know what all you would have to buy in order to make the system adjustable on the fly.... and I think you'ld be hard pressed to get your money back out of it... unless you put on 30+ thousand a year.

Me... I did it just because.

So, if you decide to go down that route further... I'll help you however I can.

Jeff, as for your Expedition.... what kind of mileage are you getting now... what Load range tire are you running... how much air is in your tires.... 4 wheel drive or 2... etc. There are things you can due.