CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wilbers shock

Iceman_40

I picked up a Wilbers rear shock from a forum member last year, worked WAY better than stock for me for the last year. Today was out for a short ride and noticed that the rear didn't seem quite right, and after a I hit bit of a bump I realized why. Now it's kinda like ridding a pogo stick as the rear likes to bounce real bad. Shock is defiantly leaking and will likely need to be rebuilt.

I've still got the stock shock so I'm going to swap it out as soon as I can get access to a garage.

Any recommendations on where to get the shock rebuilt?

I've got a friend that's a mechanic that I'm trying to get a hold of, he maybe able to rebuild it but if he can where would I get a rebuild kit?

Gee thanks ... I have already looked at there site and they don't even sell wilber shocks any more by the look of things. And to make things better I have no idea how long the warranty is...

I guess I got to do a bunch of searching to find the papers that were sent to me with the shock. I know I put them away but apparently I did it too well as I can't find them..lol

Gee thanks ... I have already looked at there site and they don't even sell wilber shocks any more by the look of things. And to make things better I have no idea how long the warranty is...

I guess I got to do a bunch of searching to find the papers that were sent to me with the shock. I know I put them away but apparently I did it too well as I can't find them..lol

My guess is that the shock was bought form them during the group buy.

I believe the warranty is 5 years on materials and workmanship.

And if you click on the fucking "Wilbers" logo on the left side of the main page you'll see that they rebuild them as well as other shocks.

I'll say this..............when it's time for mine to be rebuilt this is the only place it'll go.

"Gee thanks"?

Your fucking welcome.

My guess is that the shock was bought form them during the group buy.

I believe the warranty is 5 years on materials and workmanship.

And if you click on the fucking "Wilbers" logo on the left side of the main page you'll see that they rebuild them as well as other shocks.

I'll say this..............when it's time for mine to be rebuilt this is the only place it'll go.

"Gee thanks"?

Your fucking welcome.

Now that is useful info... I did click on the link and see they did rebuild them but I always worry when something isn't for sale anymore. I'm sure there are at least 100 other places will rebuild a shock for me, glad to hear someone would recommend them to get work done on them. I'd rather spend extra $$ to have it done some where else if the workmanship isn't up to par.

I guess I'll go searching for the papers on the shock as I am sure they will be wanting it.