CBR1100XX.org Forum

Will 99' sub-harness work on 02' XX ?

CxBXR

Butched my wiring a bit when installing aftermarked undertail & LED's a while ago. thought I would clean thing's up a bit........ Will A 99' subharness fit onto 02' harness ? They seem to have different part ###'s but thought someone might have experience with this endeaver. Thanks

BTW, how do you like the new avatar :icon_tits:

Butched my wiring a bit when installing aftermarked undertail & LED's a while ago. thought I would clean thing's up a bit........ Will A 99' subharness fit onto 02' harness ? They seem to have different part ###'s but thought someone might have experience with this endeaver. Thanks

Sub harness? I am dumbfounded, but soon to replace my 2000 wiring harness with a 03 harness. I know there are some differiences, but did not think any thing was different but the fuel injection has a sub harness.

Hope to get after it today.

Sub harness? I am dumbfounded, but soon to replace my 2000 wiring harness with a 03 harness. I know there are some differiences, but did not think any thing was different but the fuel injection has a sub harness.

Hope to get after it today.

Thanks for the reply's,

Yes there is a sub-harness, it is there in the microfiche also, runs the blinker box ,brake lights ?, & few other small items. however 97-98' did not have sub-harness's it was all one continous peice.

Wasn't the knock sensor added in 2000? If so, that would cause the wiring harnesses to be different. But they may still be compatible, especially the sub-harness you speak of.