CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Bike, New Questions

bmcdonau

When I rode the BB home from Florida it was cool and raining. The temp gauge hung below the white square on the guage for most of the trip. Now that I'm back in Texas it stays up in the middle around town and then drifts down toward the "C" when I'm out on the road. Shouldn't the needle stay in the same position most of the time as the thermostat regulates coolant through the radiator to maintain an even temp? I know the ST has thermostat issues and wondered if the BB did too.

Sounds normal. When you are sitting in traffic on a hot day, the temp will go way up. It shouldn't overheat, but will definately run hot. Once you get rolling again, the temp will come down.

Spicholy.......... do yuh think he bought it???

My 02 runs between 174 and 190 until I am in traffic that is rolling below 30 mph (little airflow thru rad) and then it climbs up to 210 and above. My fan kicks on at 216. I found that if I have to sit thru a long light, I can either shut the bike off or run the revs up above 2000 and the increased water flow and the fan being on will drop the temp back down from 225 to about 205. I love digital gauges. No guessing.