CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need some help!

I was looking at that last night, but the guy has parted it out so I'll have to bid on all of the rest of the parts I need unless you can mount the carbs to that motor??? It looks like he has everything I would need, but then again I'm not sure of everything I would need.

Anybody want to buy a slightly damaged 98 bird engine with 20k on the odometer... :icon_whistle:

Question: How hard is it to convert a carberated bird to FI?

Not good. I hope that isn't that cold start noise we all hear. :icon_shocked: :icon_shocked:

My opinion engine out, split cases sorry to say.

I was wondering the same thing...

I know that the bird is notorius for a noisy clutch, but I didn't know anyone to compare noise with. I've been in SC for a year and have only seen one other bird. I know there are at least two members of this board who live in this state, but one is way north of me and the other sold his.

I thought the noise was the CCT, but when I replaced that, it got quieter but was still making quite a bit of racket. I hope no one else has to go through this.