CBR1100XX.org Forum

FI Light, HID conversion and Nautilus crap.

Bunbun

So I finally finished up my HID light conversion (holy crap) and installing the stebel nautilus. The horn kicks some serious ass, although I was hoping for a lower pitch. I'm happy with it though! The lights are absolutely unreal.

Went to the store for the maiden voyage a few minutes ago and on the way back I noticed that my FI light was staring at me. Bike is running fine (btw, it's a 2002, not a 'known issue' year if I read correctly). I don't think it was on when I left the house, but I'm not 100% certain. I'm hoping I just fucked around and knocked something loose. I hope.

Anyone ever do either the HID conversion or the nautilus and mysteriously have their FI light come on? I don't really know wtf it means. And I think my fan was on all the time too.... I really fucking hate electrical shit.

Any hints or ideas?

Bun

well... I read up on the ECU, the error codes and all that good stuff went outside and put the bike on the side stand and cranked it up. No more FI light. I don't know whether to be bothered by that or happy. In retrospect, I think part of the problem might have been that I washed the bike about 10-20 minutes earlier. I can't help but wonder if some water didn't get in somewhere and possibly short something...? Ah well, just gonna have to keep an eye on it and see what happens. Argh.

Bun

Mine does it if the bike has been sitting stationary in a hard rain. Won't do it if riding all day in a similar rain, only if it sits in a toad strangler for a couple of hours. I long ago decided that the lamp was grounding by water somewhere in the harness. Give at a couple hours of sunshine and running to dry out and it goes away so I never really bothered to chase it down.