CBR1100XX.org Forum

headlight info needed

Echo

is there an upgrade from the stock bulb to a silverstar or something? and is the stock bulb sposed to be a 2 prong? my bulb has 2 prongs but the connector has room for 3 with only 2 wires connected with elec tape. i tore up an auto parts store looking for a similar bulb but came up dry. i want brighter but dont wanna spend the money on hid. help a tard out.

it might have been the crack but the h7 i looked at in discount auto parts was a 3 pronger hi/low bulb with a different base ring.

nevermind. i musta had the wrong bulb. "H7 SilverStar Headlight High Performance Halogen Headlight - Single filament for use as either high beam or low beam - part number: H7ST" i had a 2 filament bulb and for whatever reason would swear it was an h7.

it might have been the crack but the h7 i looked at in discount auto parts was a 3 pronger hi/low bulb with a different base ring.

nevermind. i musta had the wrong bulb. "H7 SilverStar Headlight High Performance Halogen Headlight - Single filament for use as either high beam or low beam - part number: H7ST" i had a 2 filament bulb and for whatever reason would swear it was an h7.

The high/low bulb is an H4...

Don't waste your money on a stock silverstar... Danielsternlighting does an H9 burner (65W) on an H7 base, so instead of the stock 1300 lumens, you get 2200 lumens, for only 10 more watts, and the same $20...

Mike

• 7 months later...

Partially related minor hijack..... :icon_rolleyes: This is just to confirm something for my own piece of mind after hearing a contradictory comment the other day.....

The low beam bulb is in the bottom location of the reflector assembly and the hi beam is top....correct?

Partially related minor hijack..... :icon_rolleyes: This is just to confirm something for my own piece of mind after hearing a contradictory comment the other day.....

The low beam bulb is in the bottom location of the reflector assembly and the hi beam is top....correct?

Low beam is on top.

Low beam is on top.

yep !

low on top

Low beam is on top.

yep !

low on top

THANK YOU JOHN!!!

The "contradictory comment" was me at WVXXT telling Tom "the HID's look great why did you put the low beam in the bottom" :icon_lol:

Hmmmmmmm.... :icon_scratchhead: This still doesn't make sense to me. I musta mixed up the wires to the original H7's way back when because they've always been that way as far as I remember. The thing that gets me is the beam "cast" is seemingly correct ie: the high beam seemingly goes further in the top position. I would think that since the reflector is fixed and can only be adjusted as a complete unit, there is no way to independently align the bulbs. I'll be swapping wires after dark tonight to see what the result is.... :icon_doh: Man, I can't imagine that these things could actually even get BETTER....