CBR1100XX.org Forum

Injected Fuel Filter replacement

Rowdrunner

I have a 2000 with 25,000 miles on it should I be looking at changing the fuel filter this winter? I have always run super in it and there are no issues with the bike currently. Just thinking long term. My parts manager didn't even know the bike had a filter indicating how often he sells them. Doesn't look like a big job once you drain the tank?? Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

My parts manager didn't even know the bike had a filter indicating how often he sells them.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Find a new parts manager!

Seriously, with 25K, it's probably time for a new filter. Take off the tank, remove the dozen little screws and replace.

We've had a couple of discussions on this in the past, and most people on here either didn't know either or simply have not replaced it. The last I heard, a few folks were going to start looking into it to find an aftermarket alternative, since the dealer wants mega bucks for something that should be less than $5. I'm at 42k miles with no issues, I believe somebody in that thread was over 60k on the factory filter with no issues.

I had issues and had the OEM "cleaned" but to no avail.

Replaced with the $30.00 filter and has been fine for the last 35,000 miles.

Where did you procure "THE" $30 filter?

thx!