CBR1100XX.org Forum

getting new rubber. is this a good choice?

Echo

$370 front and rear (190) installed. I want grip in the turns and tire life on long straight roads. is this my best option? is this a good price? I was originally quoted $350 front and rear installed but rear was 180. Ive been using 190 so I figured id keep it up. was told id get a little more life out of it with 190 anyway.

Run the 180 on the rear. period.

The set of tires can be had from swmototires.com for right at $300 for the pair, including shipping (free shipping on (2) tires). Where are you? Can you mount your own tires, or have someone close from the forum show you how to mount them? If you're taking in the bike to them, then $370 mounted is pretty good, but I'd try and talk them down to $350 if you're bringing them the wheels off of the bike.

Mike

I have mine booked in this morning for a rear PR2 ($275AUD f+B) to replace the worn out Shinko 005 so I am curious to see how the XX handles as the Shinko's don't handle anywhere as good as the previous PPf &PRr combo :icon_think: I will be glad when the front wears out and I can put a PP back on :icon_surprised: Most of the guys on the east coast on OzBB reckon the PR2 is a great compromise between side grip for twisty stuff and good highway life :icon_think:

The cost is $350 if I go with the 180. Since the rim is stock I think ill go with that one... But I do like the feel of the bike as it is. aww hell. Im just glad the rubber im looking at isnt shit. While hes under there im gonna have him gimme his opinion on the chain and sprocket as they havent been changed since I first bought the bike and I didnt know about oiling the chain untill... what was it... 1500\3000 miles later. DEE DEE DEE! (see avatar <--)