CBR1100XX.org Forum

EK 530 ZZZ Chain Recommendations.

FiXXation

I didn't have the "ZZZ", but the model below that, and it survived over 20K on the big bore with very little adjustment. I did have the master link go bad on me (improperly installed), but a new one made it nice and smooth again.

I've installed the same chain on another XX last year sometime, and it's still working fine for him, as well.

EK chains are the best I've used, but YMMV.

I put a ZZZ on my Turbo BB and adjusted it once with about 250 miles on it. Took 2 flats on the adjusters. 4000 miles later and no further adjustment is needed. I do lube it every 300 - 400 miles and think regular chain maintenance adds a lot to chain life...Hank

Chain questions, I am the man. :icon_whistle:

Step one, make sure you cut the extra links out before installing the master link, otherwise get that extended swingarm installed.

I have about 8,000 miles on my EK ZZZ chain. The only time I've had to adjust it is when I replace a rear tire. I highly recommend this chain. The nice little shims included with the kit also help prevent over-crimping the master link.