CBR1100XX.org Forum

LED Strobe/Brake Lighting instal

TuffguyF4i

It all started when i went to this local business http://www.strobe.com/component/option,com...ufacturer_id,0/ to take a look at some of the equipment in use. I got chatting to the president who also was a rider. We got talking about safety lighting and such, and he decided to give me a sample or two of his products. Very nice guy and very good SUPER BRIGHT product that has 8 different strobing effects.

I removed the bottom bulb and wired the strobe to come on only when you hit the brakes. The same as the LED light bar below my plate. I drilled sholes through the back of the housing and wired them in with the stock harness.

I can modify the effects of the strobe by touching two of the live wires together under the seat...they have sealed connectors on them. I'm very pleased with the effect,,,and i'm picky about lighting. :)

Also a video. http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/Tuf...nt=DSCF0018.flv

post-5615-1189779567.jpg

post-5615-1189779734.jpg

post-5615-1189779767.jpg

post-5615-1189780495.jpg

I have been looking for a flashing / shift to solid brake light for my bike. A bud has one on his beemer that flashes, then goes solid. It is really a attention getter. He thinks it is a Hyperlite, but they don't list one for the bird.

My Directway is very slow today. Couldn't look at the video. Did they give you cost? Do the pulse rates meet the legal rates allowed by the DOT? How did you get the lens off the reflector? The hot water trick, as is used to get the bottom lens off?

I will check the link again once the dish starts working.

Thanks for the post.

I heated the entire housing in the oven at about 300 for 10-15 mins. Its pretty easy to get off after that. The glue they use becomes pretty soft at that temperature.

Not sure if it is legal,,,honestly, i dont' really care. I just want to be seen when i'm stopping,,,especially when my wife is on the back.

Hyperlights are a great idea..however, they are not bike specific. You could wire them up to anything if you are willing to solder two wires.