CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB - Mudflap/Rear Inner Fender Needed

If anyone's got a stock rear inner fairing (like if you replaced it with an undertail) they'd like to donate for shipping or sell cheap, I could use one. It's fine if the bottom has been cut off, so long as it looks good with the plate in place and the signal mounts are intact. Mine has been broken and glued together where the right signal attaches and it just kinda looks like crap. Since I have other "big pieces" to source and buy yet as I piece this bike back together, I don't have the funds to commit to an undertail and hugger kit right now. :icon_neutral:

If any of you guys are like me, I know you just couldn't bear to throw out that stock mudflap, even if you know you'll never re-install it on your bike. Send it to me and you can sleep better at night knowing that you've helped bring a neglected and abused (not by me) Blackbird back to it's former glory AND freed up some storage space in the garage for those soon-to-be-collectible 1993-2007 back issues of CycleWorld that are currently sitting in boxes beside your computer desk. :icon_evilgrin:

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

[bump] Anyone gots? Or even an undertail (even better really) that you're not using, etc. (what the hell, it's worth a shot)??? I just figured the stocker was more likely to be laying around collecting dust in garages across the realm of BB owners.

Most likely wont find anyone, all the undertail's that I know of only require cutting of the mudflap not removel.

Check ebay I have seen undertails on their for as low as $99 + shipping

Damn it! Every time I see your avatar I get drawn into a trance-like state. The only thing that brings me out of this glassy-eyed condition is when the drool dripping off my chin finally soaks through my shirt, or the phone rings.

Anyhow, thanks for the info. I didn't realize that. That explains the lack of response/offers. :icon_think: By getting an undertail though, don't you pretty much HAVE to get a hugger? Without a hugger the undertail will get trashed almost right away, won't it?

Most likely wont find anyone, all the undertail's that I know of only require cutting of the mudflap not removel.

Check ebay I have seen undertails on their for as low as $99 + shipping

Damn it! Every time I see your avatar I get drawn into a trance-like state. The only thing that brings me out of this glassy-eyed condition is when the drool dripping off my chin finally soaks through my shirt, or the phone rings.

Anyhow, thanks for the info. I didn't realize that. That explains the lack of response/offers. :icon_think: By getting an undertail though, don't you pretty much HAVE to get a hugger? Without a hugger the undertail will get trashed almost right away, won't it?

you don't need an hugger right away, the undertail will just get dirty and shitty thats all, and be carefull which undertail/ hugger combo you get they may not work together, I have a pyramid hugger and a pimp undertail I had to trim the hugger as it was hitting on the sides of the undertail, I have seen others that do this as well. Johno1xx has a good setup.

2 cents

mack

you don't need an hugger right away, the undertail will just get dirty and shitty thats all, and be carefull which undertail/ hugger combo you get they may not work together, I have a pyramid hugger and a pimp undertail I had to trim the hugger as it was hitting on the sides of the undertail, I have seen others that do this as well. Johno1xx has a good setup.

2 cents

mack

Good info there Mack. Thanks. How do you like the Pimp undertail? Good quality? Any issues? Seems a lot cheaper than the similar looking SW Mototech one(s).