CBR1100XX.org Forum

best price on stator and reg

Guest cudgel

Guest cudgel

My 2000 'bird needs a stator and reg. I'm looking for the source with best price and service. I've read most of the threads on this topic and seen where some of you are switching to the R1 reg. Is this mostly done on the '97-'98s or are some people doing this on the later ones with the bigger system? Thanks for any help.

University Motors (www.umotorsfargo.com) on the stator. You will NOT find anybody who will sell you one cheaper. I bought mine for nearly half the price of the local Honda shop and a good bit less than Ron Ayers.

On the regulator, I have an R1 unit but have not installed it yet. My original one lasted almost 6 years and I was in a bind, so I got a Honda one from another board member. But when the Honda one takes a dump (which it will) the R1 one will go on. University Motors probably has the best price on that unit as well, but I haven't checked.

University Motors (www.umotorsfargo.com) on the stator. You will NOT find anybody who will sell you one cheaper. I bought mine for nearly half the price of the local Honda shop and a good bit less than Ron Ayers.

On the regulator, I have an R1 unit but have not installed it yet. My original one lasted almost 6 years and I was in a bind, so I got a Honda one from another board member. But when the Honda one takes a dump (which it will) the R1 one will go on. University Motors probably has the best price on that unit as well, but I haven't checked.

I just did the stator/regulator thing... University Motors was just under 2 bills for the Honda stator and the R1 regulator. Get Mike (bartonmd) to build you a pigtail and you won't have to cut/butcher any connectors.

Umotors in Fargo for the R1 reg. $49 and change plus a few bucks to mail it to ya.

Be sure to tell them your from this board or you won't get the good price(reg is $85 regular price)

Mike (bartonmd) should be along any minute to sell you an adapter plug( he needs to retire early you know :icon_evilgrin: )

good luck