CBR1100XX.org Forum

Digital Dash Lamp/Readout Power Up Test now Fast.

FiXXation

After riding through a heavy wind-blown rain (whiteout conditions), I noticed the digital dash's power up self-test sequence now completes in less than half a second. It appears that it may try to do the same light show that it used to, but now it is so fast that I'm not sure. The lights, indicators, and read-outs seem to work OK, it's just the test sequence that is hyper fast.

Has anybody run into this situation before?

Last night with a fan running on the bike, as it was drying out, the normal dash check sequence started happening if I did a quick ignition key off/on cycle of less than 3 seconds. Otherwise, the hyper quick dash check would happen on first key on after a rest, or longer than 3 seconds between off/on cycles.

This afternoon, after a rest, the dash check cycle is normal on first key on, then hyper short after a quick key off/on cycle.

For all I know, this behavior is normal, as I didn't pay much attention to it before yesterday.

Sounds like you're about to get well aquainted with a few beers and a tube of dielectric silicone grease on a rainy Saturday afternoon... :icon_evilgrin: Nooooo....not on that....in the plugs and connectors... :icon_biggrin:

I wish I had some idea which connectors I should go after. After it started working normally, I noticed the fuel pump pressure up time was also involved. It was much shorter during the hyper check period, and it seemed that there was a little bogging when taking off from rest during that time. But, with the roads wet, I wasn't trying to torque away, either.

I wish I had some idea which connectors I should go after.

That's easy :icon_surprised:. Start with all of them, and then do two extras just to be sure.... :icon_biggrin: Don't forget the grounds either.