CBR1100XX.org Forum

Everyones favorite windshield

TuffguyF4i

It's a tough call since we're all different shapes and sizes. I've tried several different windshields and for me the Zero Gravity Double Bubble and the Zero Gravity ST, which I have now were the best for me.

The stock windscreen (97) offered very little protection, and also cramped the cockpit for farkles.

Airblade gave me a really weird buffeting on my shoulders which would cause what I can best describe as the start of a tank slapper. Looked good though.

The ZGDB gave good all around protection and looked the best.

The ZGST gives great protection, but doesn't look the best. Not bad looking mind you, but not the best looking.

I'm about 5'10" 185lbs.

White Buffalo had the best price on Zero Gravity screens as of a month ago.

A few individuals at HookersXX had those and seemed to think they were the shit.

Maybe I'll try one.

I liked the stock '97 windscreen because I get clean unturbulent air.

I had a GIVI and liked it OK but the wind hit me right at the base of the helmet if I wasn't tucked which was annoying on long trips.

Originally, I liked the 2001 OEM windscreen in the warm weather but liked the Givi better when it got colder. Sometimes, I even used Saeng Edging on both of the screens but never really found it of any real value.

Then I found that I liked the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen even more than the Givi for the cooler weather but still preferred the OEM screen when it was warm out.

FINALLY.... I switched to the MRA VarioTouringScreen and got the airflow that I wanted when it was warm and didn't get the airflow that I wanted to avoid when it was colder out.

WINNER = MRA VarioTouringScreen

I'm 5'9. Sit on a Corbin Gunfighter saddle and have VFR Bars on top of GenMar Risers.

+1 On the MRA Vario. I'm 5'8" and on my 2003 Bird with the stock screen the air beat the crap out of my head. Now I can have it smooth or if I do something stupid I can adjust the Vario to smack me around to "teach me a lession". :icon_wall:

Well I only have the experience of the stock screens on a few of the XX's that I test rode before buying my bike and the one that came with the bike, it is from a company here in Perth West Aus called Eagle Screens. It is their "Touring Screen" rimg1771b_186.jpg, rimg1770b_270.jpg, rimg1769b_161.jpg

or there is the same screen with a lip IMG_0914.JPG

or this 1_645.jpg

:icon_surprised:

I find my screen to be very good in winter as it keeps most of the rain and other crap off me while riding at speed and in summer it helps deflect a lot of bugs off my body. I am ~6'1" and the wind hits the top of my helmet at highway speeds but I have no problem with buffeting even up to 265kmh although I tuck down more at that speed :icon_surprised: The only real drawback I guess is that in the hot summer there is no wind on my torso to help cool and hold me up at speed :icon_confused: I have though about getting a second hand stock screen for summer, will just wait and see if I pick one up cheap secondhand :icon_rolleyes:

post-2722-1189437694.jpg

+1 On the MRA Vario. I'm 5'8" and on my 2003 Bird with the stock screen the air beat the crap out of my head. Now I can have it smooth or if I do something stupid I can adjust the Vario to smack me around to "teach me a lession". :icon_wall:

+2 on the MRA Vario... Mine was one of those that XX4me mentioned...

I've liked the zero gravity until I took a rock and bird in it. They shattered like sugar glass. I heard of a brand "Puig(?sp) that some locals rave on. May try one if my current double bubble breaks

I've tried most of them and love the Airblades.

Heres the black one on my bike in Towanda :icon_angel:

Towandaroom1.jpg

Heres the black and clear on my bike now :icon_dance:

newblade4.jpg

newblade2.jpg

No buffeting, looks good, and just as think as the stocker, which I liked a lot. JMO.