CBR1100XX.org Forum

2002 XX for sale

For several reasons I no longer have much time ride. So to keep my bike from sitting plugged into a wall forever I have decided to let her go. I will be back on 2 wheels but might be a couple yrs.

So to be as honest as possible here is her history.

Bought brand new June 4th 2002, currently the speedo reads 21,422 miles. I am the only owner of it, so all miles are mine except for about 50 of them when Matt (MrBadExxample) rode it last yr.

There is some scratches on the right fairing from me sitting her down in the yard after stalling and she went right and I didn't have enough ass to keep her upright. :icon_rolleyes: She didn't fall down and go *boom*. You can't see them unless I point them out but still they are there. There are normal cosmetic rock nicks and crap on the bike from riding it also. No dents and busted up crap though.

She has been ridden in the rain, she has been faster than 150 countless times. No need to lie about it, its a Honda not a Harley and it won't melt or have the engine throw a rod for riding it like its made to.

Mods I have done to it over the years.

Leo Vince Alum cans

PCIII USB

Carbon Fiber case covers

K&N Filter

Cheetah Smoked windscreen (still have stocker)

Solo look seat cover (also have a stock plain seat)

Grab rail plugs painted to match

cut rear fender

Silver bar ends

Gel grips

polished wheel lips

Gun metal gray painted front rotor carriers also the stock chain guard is same color

shimmed rear shock

Short Stalks on the rear

probably some other small thinks but nothing major. Tool kit still in there, rubber band still in excellant condidtion.

Also has brand new Metzler M3's on it. Maybe 800 miles or so on them. Just inspected 2 weeks ago also so your good if you live in VA for a yr. At 22k miles I plan to put in a new battery, chain unless she sells. Also will thrown in my Oxford saddle bags if the buyer wants them. (Yes they are blue, yes I hear countless jokes about them but got a good deal on them)

Asking $6000, best thing to do is to PM me if interested, I work funny hours lately and never know if I will have my cell on me either.

Pics and my maintenace records I keep of the bike.

Maintenance_Records.doc

post-1152-1184856636.jpg

post-1152-1184856666.jpg

post-1152-1184856725.jpg

post-1152-1184856781.jpg

post-1152-1184856793.jpg

post-1152-1184856803.jpg

post-1152-1184856816.jpg

post-1152-1184856832.jpg

post-1152-1184856849.jpg

post-1152-1184856881.jpg

post-1152-1184856905.jpg

Yep won a couple awards for it for best of show. Only went for two years cause its always seems to fall on a nice day and would rather be riding in the mountains than sitting around. The first one I actually got sick while there and had bust ass home (to avoid another poop stain on the seat) and figured since I left early I was out of it. But as I laid at home sick my brother-in-law and wife walked in and gave it to me.

Said the guy who got 2nd place was pissed cause I still won and not even there.

Thanks,

They are getting rare to find, and loosing the XX will leave a hole where the best bike I ever rode filled. The whole reason I bought it was for the plain and simple reason of it fitting me like a glove. I loved the seating position, the reach to the bars, the foot peg location and also for the whole fact that you don't see them everyday and everyone wanting to know what the hell it was.

Keeper,

If you sell yours, you have visitation priveleges to my 02. I did cover up the fast silver with slow black to really help with the stealth factor. Something like a MG Midget with a big block Chevy motor. Who would expect it?

I'm keeping yours safe until you want it back.

I have an Ohlins to install on it, gotta find time to do it.

It's a shame that you are selling it but sometimes you have to let the things you love go. :icon_iloveyou:

Hope things come around for you and you can keep it.

:icon_shhh: secretly I have been saying bad things about it so you can't sell it.

LOL :icon_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Krypt,

Tell them it is a 750 and it WILL smoke their buddies Busa. That will get them going.

You know its funny how everyone has a friend with a Busa and they all go 220mph in 5th gear while doing a wheelie with a worn out tires which kept them from doing 230mph.. :icon_biggrin:

Logo if you win the lottery you can just send me a cool $10k and I will ride it to you. :icon_evilgrin:

The bike is beautifull...Like others, Im sorry I don't have the $$ to buy it. The Silver and Black are my favs..but that is ine nice silver bird. :icon_wall:

Your not going to the DARK SIDE are you????? :icon_shifty:

I know how you feel with the work thing my place has slowed way down and it is starting to hurt :icon_wall:

Thank god for side work to feed my habit :icon_dance:

I have been working on more AC units than earth movers :icon_think:

LoL selling the Bird. :icon_frown:

If the dark side is taking some time away from from 2 -wheels then yes.

Things slowing down here at work aren't the only reasons.

Hardly ever ride anymore, spending more time with my little boy instead of spending a full day on the other side of the state playing.

My location will be shutting down in 2 yrs, that means that more than likely I will have to move to be closer to another location unless I feel like doing alot of commuting. I could keep it and commute on it. When I leave here I plan on going into the companies Foreman Program. I already got my foremans card for any surface mine in the state. But you get to go to all the sites for a yr or two (lots of traveling) then they might find an opening for you and you will be assigned there. Hopefully its one of the closer locations, but thats only if you they have an opening.

I got a few other options if I stay with the company. I am also certified QC tech, and a Bonded weigh person, and can run anything with tracks or wheels. So I can go to our Central lab which they did offer to me, but lots of commuting, and at a pay cut that would really hurt of what I make hourly.

Had one offer to be a foreman at another mine for another company thats just starting up, but don't want to jump ship unless its my last option.