CBR1100XX.org Forum

loose dash pod

tofastgt

The gauge cluster is mounted with rubber vibration isolators. The only way to get to them is to remove the upper fairing to get behind the gauge cluster. A little movement is normal though. If you are getting an amount that is excessive , get the front wheel balanced first.

My $.02

The gauge cluster is mounted with rubber vibration isolators. The only way to get to them is to remove the upper fairing to get behind the gauge cluster. A little movement is normal though. If you are getting an amount that is excessive , get the front wheel balanced first.

My $.02

Yeah when I took my fairing off to do the HID's I thought mine wobbled a bit so I put a couple of washers under the nuts just to put a little more tension on the rubber grommets although I honestly had never noticed the dash wobble before :icon_confused:

If you move the windscreen you can assess the upper mounting bolt.

Remove the nut, and install 1 washer that is just large enough to fit over the shank of the mounting stud, then snug it back together. That will put additional pressure on the upper mount and tighten up the dash enough that it won't flop around.

+1 what Northman said.

When I installed my HIDs I just removed the windscreen and the black plastic filler panels around the clip-ons and dash. Doing so, I was able to access all the bolts to remove the dash, which I did to put in the bulbs and other crap for the HIDs.

You do NOT have to remove the front fairing.