CBR1100XX.org Forum

Towing a trailer with a 'bird.

TX1100F

I have the opportunity to latch on to a new job position next year that would complement my ADHD. The "floating tech support guy". This would entail me traveling to various locations and play the hero role to my fellow tech folks by helping them with the ebb and flow of work orders. That said, I DO NOT want to drive my gas-hog truck. I would like to continue riding my 'bird daily. But I will need to carry spare parts and spare PCs. I see Goldwings and the occasional cruiser towing small travel trailers. Is this idea Bird-able? It would also serve as a very cool way to go on short weekend trips with my kids and wife (one-at-a-time)!

Do hitches exist or would it be a custom fab?

-to tow something like this...

post-3344-1180491647.jpg

I can't help, but I want that trailer for mine. Got a link or is that yours. If it's yours, no you can't tow a trailer with your bike, so sell me the trailer. Just kidding, But I do like the trailer.

found it, and I won't tell.

but found thisdoud02.jpgdoud01.jpgfjr

Dear John,

This picture was taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway during a trip with my wife this summer. The trailer pulled like it was not attached to the bike. The extra space really comes in handy when the wife is along for the trip or when I go camping alone for several days. No problems at all with the trailer since picking it up in the spring of 04.

Interstate driving does not slow you down at all and in the mountains you have to remind yourself that it's back there and give yourself a little added stopping space due to the weight. At the campgrounds people can not believe a FJR with a trailer.

I have included some pictures of the hitch that Bushtec sent me earlier.

The pick-up at the factory went very well and the staff was very helpful and courteous for the tour.

Thanks again for a fine product.

Regards,

John & Barbara Dowd

Anderson

bushtec

romfeb0001sm.jpg

This has to be one of the most unique and custom rigs we've seen to date. Designed, built, and owned by Phillip Sanford of Nolensville, Tennessee, this 1994 Turbo with custom paint, polished twisted stainless steel spoke wheels is attached to a supercharged, nitrous injected 1984 Honda GL1200 Standard Cafe' Racer, also designed and built by Phillip.

Yes actually, I've seen it. Birdrunner on STN came down from Canada (eh?) and had one of those Unigo trailers hooked up to his bird. It was actually quite cool and looked like it would hold a lot of crap. I'm pretty sure he's on here but you can reach him over on "the other forum" pretty easily.

Bun

One of the guys ( BobT ) here in Perth on OzBB has a small trailer called a "Shadow" that he has taken to the Phillip Island GP a couple of times (~4000km each way) and has had no problems that I know of and says you hardly know it's there at higher speeds, obviously at walking speed it would be different :icon_think: Not the one but a couple of types Classic Industries TrailersHitchesPerformance Trailers :icon_think:

One of the guys ( BobT ) here in Perth on OzBB has a small trailer called a "Shadow" that he has taken to the Phillip Island GP a couple of times (~4000km each way) and has had no problems that I know of and says you hardly know it's there at higher speeds, obviously at walking speed it would be different :icon_think: Not the one but a couple of types Classic Industries TrailersHitchesPerformance Trailers :icon_think:

Ok, after reading about the brakes on the Performance trailer and then the Bushtec forum comments on tring to stop with the trailer without brakes,,,,No doubt with a bike it is needed.

I will either build one with brakes or find somebody here in the states who carries the preformance trailer. Is ausi dollars compairable to us cause 5600 is prety high for it.fulllength.jpg

Just sent an email to him, but I bet by the time it got here, it would be twice that. Looking for another traler with brakes. Or a dealer here.

We're getting a trailer nexxt winter for the Wing... but I'm getting one of the cheapest ones, for about $1900.

You can make a trailer for much less, using a Harbor Freight trailer frame and an X-Cargo from Sears... costs about $600 total, but it looks cheapo, too.