CBR1100XX.org Forum

13 HP gain

Rider99XX

Last year I dynoed my XX and got 129. something. It was stock except for a K&N and a PCII. I swapped out the stock exhaust with a full Akropovic system and remapped the PCII. I just dynoed it and it turned 142.something, I don't have the sheet in front of me.

Nice gain I think.

That sound about right. How does it ride? Is the power smooth?

Power is smooth but there is a slight flat spot. It occures at the exact same place it did with the stock exhaust. Just past the flat spot there is a nice hit that lasts through the rev limiter.

Sorry, no 1/4 mile times. There is no 1/4 mile strip around here. But I do have timing slips from a few years ago when it ran 10.29 @ 138mph.

I'm doing track days with it now. That is a BLAST!!!

I just need some suspention upgrades now.

Any suggestions????

That sound about right. How does it ride? Is the power smooth?

Power is smooth but there is a slight flat spot. It occures at the exact same place it did with the stock exhaust. Just past the flat spot there is a nice hit that lasts through the rev limiter.

Sorry, no 1/4 mile times. There is no 1/4 mile strip around here. But I do have timing slips from a few years ago when it ran 10.29 @ 138mph.

I'm doing track days with it now. That is a BLAST!!!

I just need some suspention upgrades now.

Any suggestions????

10.29@138 = Envy from me.

Nice gain I think.

Yep. Almost completely meaningless, though.

Why is it meaningless?

Because unless the dyno runs were done on the same day by the same guy under the same weather conditions, the margin of error on the measurements is large enough that you don't really know how much it increased or didn't.

Nice gain I think.

Yep. Almost completely meaningless, though.

Why is it meaningless?

Because unless the dyno runs were done on the same day by the same guy under the same weather conditions, the margin of error on the measurements is large enough that you don't really know how much it increased or didn't.

True. But the runs WERE by the same guy on the same dyno under almost the exact same atmosphieric conditions. The only difference was the ambiant tempretures were one degree different. That may make a SLIGHT difference. Even the barometric readings were within .25 of an inch of each other. One degree difference in tempretures and .25 inch in baro pressure will make a ever so slight difference thats a given. But it's close enough for me. Besides, it was just a fun run, NOT a full blown tuning session trying to eek out every last .01 HP. And it only cost $20.00 so what the heck.

Things like tire profiles and how worn the tires are, how well the chain is lubed and a whole host of other things effect dyno readings. Even repeated runs on the same day can and usually are different. Too many variables.

Even repeated runs on the same day can and usually are different. Too many variables.

Which is why I said that, almost a year apart, = almost completely meaningless. Still, it's a good number. Good enough for bragging rights, anyway.