CBR1100XX.org Forum

Powerbronze solo seat cowl ? help

CxBXR

Hi,

Can someone give me a few pointer's on the install I seem to be alittle confused on where to put the "mounting tab's" ? pic's would definately help, if possible one (1) pic with the seat on, & one (1) with the seat off, just to make sure Im doing everthing correct. Thanks alot, Matt.

Wich tabs do you have?

The plastic hooks with 3M tape?

555E1D46-B09D-4408-8328-4DF2583365CEFFFF

I had the plastic hooks. I scraped off the 3M tape and used a two part epoxy and even then it didn't stay stuck to it… well it did last 6 yrs. Then they came off and I lost the seat cowl on the road. Next time I'm going to epoxy the mounting tabs again and rivet them, that should hold it.

You can kinda see it in this pic.

gallery_145_190_795910.jpg

I would try that 100mph velcro that Home Depot sells. It keeps my mp3 player "stuck" to the triple tree and it does not even move. So I bet if you put a few strips on the inside of the seat cowl and a few on the seat that should do the trick. What do you think???

The problem that I was having when riding aggressively I would shift my butt from one side of the seat to the other then side forward to crowd the tank then back, doing this I ended up bumping the seat cowl a lot so it needs to be well secured. I think velcro wouldn't hold.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the pic's & advice, I am still worried about the solo cover catching air & flying/ripping off, such a cheap design in my opinion. Not to mention it had to be repainted because the paint was runny from the factory apparently. Never again should have went with sharkskin!!!