CBR1100XX.org Forum

M1 front/ MEZ4 rear ? Opinions Plz

xfuctx

Are you talking about the old MEZ4? That's the single worst tire I ever mounted on the XX. I actually removed it well before it was done. Complete piece of shit that belongs on a ST1100 that's used for nothing but highway miles.

I ran through 3 or 4 Z6 rears on the XX and never had any issues, though I can't say I ever pushed them all that much in cold weather.

Between the two, the Z6 is by far the superior tire, though I'll admit it will get you less miles.

Are you talking about the old MEZ4? That's the single worst tire I ever mounted on the XX. I actually removed it well before it was done. Complete piece of shit that belongs on a ST1100 that's used for nothing but highway miles.

I ran through 3 or 4 Z6 rears on the XX and never had any issues, though I can't say I ever pushed them all that much in cold weather.

Between the two, the Z6 is by far the superior tire, though I'll admit it will get you less miles.

This is the one i saw on metzeler.com

metz_me_z4_rr_tire.gif

btw, I got the feeling from the description on the site that this was a sportier sport-touring tire than the Z6 but i guess thats incorect.

tnx for the info redbird

I got 9k out of my Z6 rear with no problems. I could make it spin up, but it never went out of control. I'd buy them again, but I keep scoring these great deals on Pirelli's :icon_biggrin:

M1 rear gotta go, looking for something more durable but concerned about the Z6's repution for being hard/slippery in cold weather.

Any truth to this and how about Z4 rear?

Where'd ya hear that??? The Z6 rears that I had stuck just fine and were an excellent cold/wet tire. That sounds more like the rep of the Z4... I didn't know that Metzeler still made the Z4.

I got 9k out of my Z6 rear with no problems. I could make it spin up, but it never went out of control. I'd buy them again, but I keep scoring these great deals on Pirelli's :icon_biggrin:

+1... I guess I'll go score another set of Diablos too!

Well concidering what iv been learning here i guess the Z4 is out of the question now. I'm a big metzeler fan since i tried my first set of m1's but seeking a durability factor like their Z6, and i am being seduced by thr road 2's dual compound. I 'm gonna buy tonight and don't know what the hell to choose. oohh the agony

And then there were two... :icon_think:

post-2024-1178844373.jpg Pilot Road ^2 vs The Z6 post-2024-1178844683.gif

Thanks again for the replies guys

NEVERMIND/ According to stealer, New Michelin Pilot Road2 not available in USA til Late fall 07 just europe for now soo Z6 here i come.