CBR1100XX.org Forum

VFR Bars Installed

Pat830

I miss her. <sniff> <sniff>

She looks good Pat. With the peg lowering brackets and VFR bars you must be looking forward to some long days and big smiles.

I've only waxed her 10 times already.

Corbin, VFR bars, and the peg lowering thingamajiggers, I'm ready for some trips. Makes it more comfy for the old man.

Now if install NOS, I can attempt to keep up with Walt.

• 4 months later...

I just got a pair for my BB, cost me $150AUD from a wrecker.

Do any of you who have done this had to move the brake lines a bit from the standard position? I found that the brake line positioned the lever so that it hits the throttle lines where they come out of the bar. I'm going to have to take the brake line off and move it to the other side of the alignment bit so I can rotate the lever down a bit.

I just got a pair for my BB, cost me $150AUD from a wrecker.

Do any of you who have done this had to move the brake lines a bit from the standard position? I found that the brake line positioned the lever so that it hits the throttle lines where they come out of the bar. I'm going to have to take the brake line off and move it to the other side of the alignment bit so I can rotate the lever down a bit.

Yeah when I did mine I ( like most others) just cut the front tab off the M/Cyl's and slightly undid the banjo's and rotated the banjo forward so that the MC would go onto the bars and bolt up, a lot of guys use a Dremel, I just used a hacksaw blade and then filed it a bit :icon_surprised:

Yeah, I ended up using the saw on my Swiss Army knife and a Dremel to finish it.

Then I found that the ends of the bars are an inch different in height? Took them back off, checked them on the bench and found that they are at different angles... I guess one or the other is bent...

Now I just need to figure out which one and take it back for a swap... :icon_sad: