CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Horn

XXTi

I installed a Stebel Nautilus horn today. It fit perfectly just in front of the steering head. I didn't even have to remove any plastic to get it on. I made my own mounting bracket from a $1.99 shelf bracket from Lowes. I just used the dimensions on the Stebel site. The shelf bracket even had a nice hole to mount the relay.

I probably don't use my horn a half dozen times a year, but when I need it, I want people to hear it. THAT IS ONE SERIOUSLY LOUD ASS HORN!!

I installed a Stebel Nautilus horn today. It fit perfectly just in front of the steering head. I didn't even have to remove any plastic to get it on. I made my own mounting bracket from a $1.99 shelf bracket from Lowes. I just used the dimensions on the Stebel site. The shelf bracket even had a nice hole to mount the relay.

I probably don't use my horn a half dozen times a year, but when I need it, I want people to hear it. THAT IS ONE SERIOUSLY LOUD ASS HORN!!

It's on my birthday list. How loud is it compared to what you typically hear on the road (cars, trucks, etc)?

Twistedthrottle.com described it as "Loud enough to convince other drivers that there's a derailed freight train barreling down on them."

It's on my birthday list. How loud is it compared to what you typically hear on the road (cars, trucks, etc)?

Twistedthrottle.com described it as "Loud enough to convince other drivers that there's a derailed freight train barreling down on them."

It sounds like an air horn from a semi truck. I honked it inside my shop and my ears are still ringing.

It sounds like an air horn from a semi truck. I honked it inside my shop and my ears are still ringing.

Awesome. That is definitely staying on the B-day list, then. :icon_thumbsup:

Did you buy the Stebel wiring kit for the install?

No. I just made my own.

I wouldn't say it's like a semi's horn... more like a european car's air horn.

Yeah. You're right, it doesn't sound quite like a truck horn, but it's a hell of a lot louder than any car horn I've evern heard.