CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tires...

TitaniumBird

Any issue with putting a Pilot Power on the rear with an Avon AV45 ST up front? Had the Avon AV46 in the rear but it's not available any more...

I currently have a Shinko rear with a Pirelli Strada front. mounted.

Next rear will be a Michelin Road with another (free) Strada front.

I've run more mismatches than matched sets of tires through the years. Tires just cost too much and don't last long enough to pitch a good tire.

Does that answer your question?

Only problem I see is you will have a stickier tire on the rear then the front. If you're not a serious corner carver not a problem.

How much tread left in that Avon 46? I'll pay shipping and dispose of it for you. :icon_evilgrin:

I currently have a Shinko rear with a Pirelli Strada front. mounted.

Next rear will be a Michelin Road with another (free) Strada front.

I've run more mismatches than matched sets of tires through the years. Tires just cost too much and don't last long enough to pitch a good tire.

Does that answer your question?

Only problem I see is you will have a stickier tire on the rear then the front. If you're not a serious corner carver not a problem.

How much tread left in that Avon 46? I'll pay shipping and dispose of it for you. :icon_evilgrin:

Hehe, perfect, I realized my mistake right after ordering it, I should have emailed SW right away, they're too fast. My new tire is here already and it'll be too sticky, wear to fast. I'm going to get a pilot road and sell the pilot power. Wanna buy it? :) I'll throw it up on ebay for what I paid on sw, it'll go quick.