CBR1100XX.org Forum

fork sticking out of clip on

indybirdxx

post-2556-1174136474.jpgcan someone measure or post a pic in reference to how high the stock 97-98 forks stick out of the clip ons ?

Travis and I did the racetech springs/ fluid swap last night on my bird and we noticed one side is about 1/4 inch higher than the other.

I'm pretty sure they dont slide all the way down to the little safety/retainer clips.

thanks

-mike

post-2556-1174136474.jpgcan someone measure or post a pic in reference to how high the stock 97-98 forks stick out of the clip ons ?

Travis and I did the racetech springs/ fluid swap last night on my bird and we noticed one side is about 1/4 inch higher than the other.

I'm pretty sure they dont slide all the way down to the little safety/retainer clips.

thanks

-mike

The distance on mine (98XX) - triple to circlip groove is ~36mm but I have VFR bars on now :icon_think: From looking at your pick of the left bar it looks about right, I think it was ~ 8mm above the bar to the circlip :icon_eh:

I just measured mine (97XX), from the top of the clip-on to the bottom of the circlip is 1.5mm.

post-1763-1174137379.jpg

hey Mat, that sure looks like one dirty bird.......................and whats the shit onthe triple tree?

whats up with that? :icon_twisted:

hey Mat, that sure looks like one dirty bird.......................and whats the shit onthe triple tree?

whats up with that? :icon_twisted:

That's genuine NYC filth on that XX. It's a 97 I picked up in the Bronx last weekend. I didn't have any social time during that trip (1137 miles in 19 hours). I apologize for not calling. The previous owner (diputsnyc) had it set for long distance touring. There'll be a crap load of accessories from it for sale soon - tank bags, soft bags, GPS, radar detector, intercom, noise filters, mounting brackets, etc.

thanks guys...

WTF TRAVIS i'm blaming you for not finding it in the owners manual

(ha I also looked front to back and found nothing!)

Hope to see you all at Rednexxt, looking forward to the good eats from Josh's wife

Mike

My 97-98 manual calls for 39 mm from the top of the top bridge to the circlip groove.

Just checked my manual and it does indeed state 39mm Pg 13-25 :icon_confused: Guess I will have to put them back to 39mm from 36mm, am I right in assuming this will quicken the steering like shiming the rear to lift it up :icon_think:

My 97-98 manual calls for 39 mm from the top of the top bridge to the circlip groove.

Just checked my manual and it does indeed state 39mm Pg 13-25 :icon_confused: Guess I will have to put them back to 39mm from 36mm, am I right in assuming this will quicken the steering like shiming the rear to lift it up :icon_think:

Yes, Mine is shimed and I have the front dropped 8mm. For me this is the limit for quickness without being to unstable.