CBR1100XX.org Forum

Photograph Request

MrBadExxample

Howdy,

I need a high resolution photograph of the area under the seat of a stock (unenhanced) 97/98 XX.

I recently acquired a 97 XX that has a crapload of electronics added to it (GPS, Autocom, brake light enhancements, amatuer radio, etc.). I want to remove these extras and put the wiring harness back into stock form. With a photograph of what it is suppose to look like, I'll be more certain of what stays and what goes.

Thank You.

hope this helps

Thanks, Mike that does help.

But I'm confused by your Regulator/Rectifier, is it a 97/98 OEM one? I thought the R/R didn't grow fins till 2000?

Pretty sure it grew fins in '99, and that improved part superceded the more obviously faulty '97-'98 unit. Updated again in '01 and relocated to the right side.

Tim, is that an OEM '01+ R/R? It looks much, much more heavy duty than the one on my '97, which is about the size of a pack of smokes.

Smokes... hmmmm, maybe that's a poor choice of words. Let's hope not. I'll ride around with an extra one anyway. Or perhaps I'll do the R1 R/R mod.

Thanks Matt

Yeah, that's OEM. It's got a much longer harness due to the location change, but I think the plugs are the same as other FI models- not sure about compatabilty with carbies- I have photo of the plugs if anyone cares to see them.

Yeah my original R/R on my 98 is smaller and has no fins, according to the part# on that R/R it is made by Shindengen although they don't seem to list it on the site :icon_think: The searches I came up with led to links for VFR R/R's :icon_confused::icon_surprised:

Pretty sure it grew fins in '99, and that improved part superceded the more obviously faulty '97-'98 unit. Updated again in '01 and relocated to the right side.

Tim, is that an OEM '01+ R/R? It looks much, much more heavy duty than the one on my '97, which is about the size of a pack of smokes.

Smokes... hmmmm, maybe that's a poor choice of words. Let's hope not. I'll ride around with an extra one anyway. Or perhaps I'll do the R1 R/R mod.

Thanks Matt

Matt,

I am reasonably sure that i have a R1 RR laying around , you can have it ..................I upgraded mine sometime ago ....

Matt,

I am reasonably sure that i have a R1 RR laying around , you can have it ..................I upgraded mine sometime ago ....

Thanks Mac, I already ordered a Honda OEM RR (superseded part#) from University Motors. I'll install the new one and use the original one (10 years old) as a spare. However maybe the Yamaha one would make a better spare. What do you want for it?

Matt,

Thanks Mac, I already ordered a Honda OEM RR (superseded part#) from University Motors. I'll install the new one and use the original one (10 years old) as a spare. However maybe the Yamaha one would make a better spare. What do you want for it?

I'll check on

Mon ..its yours for a ........................beer.................Blue moon..............