CBR1100XX.org Forum

Threadlock On Brake Caliper Bolts? Diablo's, Stradas, Or Power 2CT's?

jambie

I took the wheels off the '02 'Bird today to get new tires mounted, and noticed some red threadlock on the brake caliper bolts. Should I put new threadlock on when reinstalling? Red or Blue? Hopefully the owners manual will have the correct torque values...

What's the prevailing opinion?

By the way, I'm still trying to decide between Pirelli Diablos, Diablo Stradas, and Pilot Power 2CT's.

Any thoughts? I got a little over 5000 mi on the original Dunlop 207's. ( The bike was new to me last summer w/ 900 miles on it)

Cheers,

Tom

I use the blue threadlock on caliper bolts---have never had a problem. Just ordered some of the Honda Hi-Temp medium threadlock in for the next time around.

As for tires----I am running the Diablo Front/Strada rear & it works well for me---but have only been in the wet with them a little, worked very well--but I don't push very hard when it rains (seldom rains in So. California). Unless I see some really strong reviews---and want to see for myself---I will be repeating the Pirelli combo.

Regardless-----happy trails kel

The Pirelli's that you have cited are not an apples to apples comparison to the Power 2CTs. The Diablo Corsas or the Diablo Corsa IIIs would be a more direct match to the 2CTs. More of a sporty tire, than the plain Diablos or Stradas.

After some more research, I decided to go with the Diablo front/Strada rear. What PSI's are you guys running on these tires? I ran the factory recommended 42psi front/back on the stock Dunlops, but what's the story on the Pirellis?

Thanks for all the advice!

Cheers,

Tom

I currently weigh in right at 220 with gear-------34-36 front/39-41 rear works well for me and produces the 10% increase in tire pressure after 30 min of 'normal' riding.

They seem to be wearning very well.-------------happy trails kel

Threadlock On Brake Caliper Bolts? Diablo's, Stradas, Or Power 2CT's?

I'd put the threadlock on the caliper bolts. I just don't see how it would do any good putting it on the tires. :icon_biggrin: