CBR1100XX.org Forum

rear tire what to by?

scott s.

need some input, what rear tires are you guys running this year. :icon_think:

I just got done spooning on a set of Pirelli Corsa 3's. Very stiff sidewall and rougher ride ( @ 42PSI ) than the Metzeler M1 front and Z6 rear I had before. I'm going to drop the pressure a little to see if it gets better. There was a buy the rear get the front free deal going that's why I got them. I was very pleased with the Metzeler combo. I got about 9k out of the rear. The front still had a couple of thousand left in it.

I'll go back to the Metzelers when these are done.

I just got done spooning on a set of Pirelli Corsa 3's.

Diablo Corsa 3? Thats more of a track tire that can be ridden on the street. Yes, they run a little stiffer so drop the press 38-40. I have been pretty happy wear and traction-wise with The standard Diablo's.

I just got done spooning on a set of Pirelli Corsa 3's.

Diablo Corsa 3? Thats more of a track tire that can be ridden on the street. Yes, they run a little stiffer so drop the press 38-40. I have been pretty happy wear and traction-wise with The standard Diablo's.

Yeah I didn't realize they were more of a track tire until they were already here :icon_doh:

The Corsa III is a direct comparison to the Pilot Powers. The Diablo Corsa is more of a track oriented tire than the Corsa III. The type of tire that you should run is going to depend on what type of riding that you are doing on the XX. When I owned mine, I was OK with a sport/touring tire until I got more and more aggressive in my riding style. It makes little sense to buy a super sticky tire if most of your riding is slabbing it or touring. On the other hand, if you are in the canyons or twisty stuff alot, sacrifice the mileage and get something sticky.

I've still got a Pirelli Strada front, and Michelin Pilot Road rear to mount. After that the sky's the limit.

Bridgestone, Michelin, and Avon all have new ST tires out this year. Yummy!

From a $$$ standpoint I wish tires didn't wear out so fast, but I love trying new tires!