CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help me choose an aftermarket exhaust for the XX

Godspeed409

2000 XX... titanium.

Im kinda torn between the full system and the slip-ons, and money IS an issue.. i have about $750 max to spend. Right now the bird is stock, minus a K&N filter... the frame,swingarm,wheels,rearsets, etc is all highly polished... so i want a system that is proably stainless because i want to keep the polished/chrome theme with the bike.. i dont want carbon fiber or a dull titanium.. i like alittle bling :icon_biggrin:

i cant swing a power commander right now... so if i do the full system, it will probably be running on the stock map for awhile (I dont know if thats OK or not). I do like the Look of the dual exhaust better...

Future plans/dreams for the bike is take it to Bonneville or have it timed top speed from the ECA at maxon...

right now, Indysuperbikes.com has the Yoshimura RS-3 full exhaust for $628... and the scorpion slip-ons for $519... havent found them cheaper anywhere else. the yoshimura slip-ons look real good too...

looking for all reccommendations within my price range... if you have a Picture of your exhaust id really like to see it as well, the pictures on the manufacturers websites arent all that great... Im KINDA leaning towards slips-ons.. (Ease of install, no power commander required, like the dual exhaust look) id really like to see a pic of the scorpion slip-ons. On ebay, you can get a new set of Jardine slip-ons for $450 shipped.. which is way below budget... and would actually leave me enough for the PCIII.. but hows the quality on Jardine? never heard of them... thanks!

thanks for the help in advance folks.

I would recomend the slip-ons for what you want and get the PC3 USD to set it all up for most efficiancy.

You could always sell the slip ons down the road if you then wanted to upgrade to a full system with the existing PC3.

Jardine actually makes a decent system. It is what Nicky had on his RC51 when he was kickin butt in the AMA races.

Jardine actually makes a decent system. It is what Nicky had on his RC51 when he was kickin butt in the AMA races.

He had a Jardine sticker on his RC51, anyway. :icon_wink:

Not that Jardine might not make an excellent product, but that particular endorsement is dubious.

http://motorcyclebloggers.com/2005/04/29/j...e-or-akrapovic/

If your ultimate plans are for performance (as in Bonneville), I'd say go full system now. You can run the stock map until a PC is in the budget without hurting anything.

Agree with Redbird, if you want performance you will just be throwing your $$ away with slip ons

I have a Akrapovic full system on mine, and you can get them for under $750 if you keep your eyes open.

I mapped mine so I don't know about how the XX will perform with out a map

On the streets (or almost anywhere else), the XX delivers sheer excess in performance.

So I got Scorpion slip ons and a PCIII and a custom map. Bike sounds AWESOME, is smoother than stock, breathes a little better and has much lighter cans. I'd do it again tomorrow.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I just picked up Muzzy Carbon Fiber slip ons for $389 shipped they also had the titanium for the same price.

Muzzy link

great buy there... any pics??? :icon_cool: i really dont want titanium... but for that price...

i like the yoshimura's alot... my favorite look by far. cheapest ive found is $500 shipped for the slip-ons...

thanks for the reply's... keep em coming.

FYI...you can get the Scorpion's in titanium.....I think....not sure actually.

I've heard Yoshi's on the XX and had them on my 'Busa.......I don't think sound very good at all compared to other pipes on the market.

No pics yet my pipes are supposed to be here wed or thurs. I would post up pics of them on the bike but mine has no plastics on it and no rear wheel. Still finishing putting mine back together after the crash. I'll post up pics of the pipes once they get here though.

I know it is a little over your budget but... I just ordered the TiForce full exhaust from Ron Ayers for $882. From what I have read it is supposed to be a great system, nice weight loss and an improvement on power.

Eventually I will post pics when these and the other mods are done over the next month or two.

Brian

Im more than likely do the Muzzy's that SGT ski posted and ill have money left over for the PC3... if there still available next monday.. if not, ill probably go with the Jardine on on ebay for $450 shipped...

I like the blueflames ALOT.. but if i can get some good quality slip-ons AND have enough left over for a PC3.. i GOTTA take it.. that Muzzy deal is a great price..

PLEASE post pics when you get them Sgt ski.

On the streets (or almost anywhere else), the XX delivers sheer excess in performance.

So I got Scorpion slip ons and a PCIII and a custom map. Bike sounds AWESOME, is smoother than stock, breathes a little better and has much lighter cans. I'd do it again tomorrow.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I am looking to change out my Givi screen. Can you tell me what kind yours is? It would look great on my black 97. Thanks

What about Yoshi RS3, one of the guys on OzBB just put these on his BB - cost him $750AUD landed. These are the same pipes on another BB IPB Image

IPB Image

That bike looks familiar. :icon_biggrin:

(My Illinois bike)

IPB Image

Carbon fiber on a black bike looks good too. :icon_wink:

(My Alaska bike)

IPB Image

As for sound, the 2-Bros sounds nice and deep. The Yoshimuras are much quieter

I'll slip one on for you guys but it isn't going to look real good since the bike is still mostly disassembled. Of course I could hook them on real quick and make an audio clip

here's the exhaust laid out I didn't bother putting it on the bike to much was dissassembled for it to look like anything.

IPB Image

IPB Image

but I'm sorry to report that the sale price I believe is over on them guys. It was listing as 799.00 when I went back to the page.

I hope some of them found their ways to you before the price went up. I have a feeling this is going to be a loud exhuast very straight through design.