CBR1100XX.org Forum

silent sport premium muffler packing

Guest cudgel

Has anybody tried this product? If so, do you think it would tone down d&d carbon slip ons to an acceptable level?

What Product, no atachment.I have D&D Slip ons also.

Go to silentsport.com and read about it. As for repacking the D&D carbon cans I have it is only a matter of drilling out the rivets to get at the guts.

Has anybody tried this product? If so, do you think it would tone down d&d carbon slip ons to an acceptable level?

Go to silentsport.com and read about it. As for repacking the D&D carbon cans I have it is only a matter of drilling out the rivets to get at the guts.

I sent a note to D&D and asked about a quiet kit and this is what they sent me:

"We do have a quiet street pack that is available for the muffler. If you have the know how you could do it yourself or send them to us and we can repack them. the packing materials costs $53.00 Per can .Install costs $35.00 Per Can. + shipping both ways."

I suspect just repacking the kit like you would any slip-on after drilling out the rivets would work.

I may give it a try. JCW sells repacking for slipons cheap, cheap.

Mike

"We do have a quiet street pack that is available for the muffler. If you have the know how you could do it yourself or send them to us and we can repack them. the packing materials costs $53.00 Per can .Install costs $35.00 Per Can. + shipping both ways."

I suspect just repacking the kit like you would any slip-on after drilling out the rivets would work.

Mike

Mike

Don't bother with the fiberglass from JCW. It's cheap but it don't last. What you need is ceramic wool. Resists temps and lasts. Check the TBR site.....thier stuff is good. Don't know if it's sized right for the D&D though. Last time I checked it's 1/2 the price of the D&D repack.

McMaster-Carr used to sell it also. But I think it was in rather large quantities.

You'll have to do a little research......but save your money on the JCW stuff.

Thank you all for your interest. I have just ordered the product Silent Sport Premium muffler packing and will give it a try and post the results. I ordered two bags 450gm ea. for a total of $44.84 from a local cycle dealer. Take a look at the Silent sport website and read what they have to say. Sounds impressive, who knows? It is used in the new line of pipes from Boz Bros.

• 2 weeks later...

I repacked my D&D carbon cans and am very happy with them now. No more barking and cackling and they seem to be at least 25% quieter. The original packing was NOT blown out. It was almost virgin. The new stuff is much better and lighter.