CBR1100XX.org Forum

mirrors

xler8me

Well sorry but i don't like the turn signal's in the mirrors and what to know if anyone new of a differnet mirror that will fit the bolt hole on the XX. Any brand would work as long as the holes are the same cause u now they bolt down the front plastic.

The holes in the mounting bracker are farther apart than conventional mirrors. As far as I know, there are no aftermarket mirrors for the XX.

You could do as I did and tint the turn signals so the bright yellow lens is not standing out so much. Your bike is black from the looks of the pic in the avitar.

Heres a shot of mine from the front.

IPB Image

[attachmentid=5588]not bad but i put the bike on it's side and broke the parts inside so it's a great time to find different ones dosn't have to be aftermarket. can be stock from different bike

post-3484-1166407192_thumb.jpg

The holes in the mounting bracker are farther apart than conventional mirrors. As far as I know, there are no aftermarket mirrors for the XX.

You could do as I did and tint the turn signals so the bright yellow lens is not standing out so much. Your bike is black from the looks of the pic in the avitar.

Heres a shot of mine from the front.

IPB Image

Where was this pic taken....nice road

[attachmentid=5588]not bad but i put the bike on it's side and broke the parts inside so it's a great time to find different ones dosn't have to be aftermarket. can be stock from different bike

As BDAZXX said I don't think that you will have much luck finding something that will fit :icon_think: , maybe try getting some "clear alternatives from John01XX and tinting them dark as BADAZXX said. Funny - A lot of people seem to like the fact that the XX has the mirrors and indicators in one as it makes the bike look "cleaner" :icon_wink: . BTW what are you going to do for indicators if you find different mirrors :icon_confused: put small stalks on somewhere :icon_hand: :icon_nono:

Magical Racing (A company that makes REALLY nice aftermarket stuff for the Bird IMO) has Racer replica mirrors in a variety of different sized designs. Looks like you use mounting plate "C" for the Bird. I've attached the url for the page in question. Hope it works . . .

http://www.magicalracing.co.jp/Products/rr_mirrors_en.html

Cheers,

Kevin

Majical makes some real high quality stuff but I dont think RR mirrorrs would worrk eitherr. They arre the same as everry otherr honda sporrtbike mirrorr. basically about 1.5"? bolt pattern instead of a 3"? like the XX has.

I did the disconnect on the running lights as well. These are the stock sigs lens's, just tinted, that I used. So no need to buy aftermarket lens if your going to tint them anyway.

Hey if these mirrors are good enough for the Honda NSR they were good enough for me. Ducati, Aprillia and Suzuki are all going this route now as well. I liked the look after I was though with them but hate the stockers.

Majical makes some real high quality stuff but I dont think RR mirrorrs would worrk eitherr. They arre the same as everry otherr honda sporrtbike mirrorr. basically about 1.5"? bolt pattern instead of a 3"? like the XX has.

I haven't measured the exact distance in the Bird's bolt pattern, but Magical's website specifically states that mounting plate "C" is for all years of Blackbird. A spread of what they quote as 50-60 mm (approx. 2" to 2 2/8")

Do they fit? Couldn't say, just that Magical's website says they do, and as I have ordered 3-4 products from them, and have yet to be disapointed, I guess I'd take them at their word.

Cheers,

Kevin