CBR1100XX.org Forum

Airblade iridium screen question

tripledigits

when do you really tuck in enough to need to look through the windscreen? i never race my xx and so i never tuck in hard enough to look through my windscreen. so for me at least the screen being opaque would be no big deal. I have actually thought about painting my windscreen to match the paint on my XX.

when do you really tuck in enough to need to look through the windscreen? i never race my xx and so i never tuck in hard enough to look through my windscreen. so for me at least the screen being opaque would be no big deal. I have actually thought about painting my windscreen to match the paint on my XX.

Thanks for the reply. I actually look thru the stock screen at times - when it's raining or really cold, or when it's a really strong headwind (for one reason or another).

I got one about 6 months ago and looks great on my 02. However, I broke the thing installing it. The middle bolt hole on both sides is about 15 degrees shy of being where it should. Can't get the grommet/holder through it. The screen is very hard so it broke almost like a piece of glass. The folks I bought it from were very nice and sent me a new one free.

You cannot see through it at all but it has never bothered me. When it is cold or I am going real fast I do lay on the tank but keep my eyes just over the screen. I don't think I could get my head that low but the people here apparently can. No problem at all.

• 2 weeks later...

That is odd, I can see thru my Airblade iridium. Note, it is on my Busa.

And they did a poor job matching factory holes and bends.

There are a few diff iridium screen makers.