CBR1100XX.org Forum

I Need Rearsets!!

Godspeed409

Actually broke the lower footpeg hole off while installing buell pegs.... it was my stupidity... anyway i was thinking of just doing rearsets instead of just replacing the stock stuff..

the RC51 rearsets look almost idential to the few (and expensive) XX rearsets ive found, just kinda curious if they will work. the cheapest ive seen is $375 over at Kneedraggers... dont really care much on the adjustability factor so much as the quality/price aspect...

looking for reccommendations.. thanks all..

Actually broke the lower footpeg hole off while installing buell pegs.... it was my stupidity... anyway i was thinking of just doing rearsets instead of just replacing the stock stuff..

the RC51 rearsets look almost idential to the few (and expensive) XX rearsets ive found, just kinda curious if they will work. the cheapest ive seen is $375 over at Kneedraggers... dont really care much on the adjustability factor so much as the quality/price aspect...

looking for reccommendations.. thanks all..

I did a lot of research on rearsets to see if I could get more leg room I checked into sato,woodcraft and a few others, I didn't feel that I would get much leg room with after market rearsets, I think they are postion your feet rearward then lower. I bet you can find a used part to replace your broken part. The buell pegs were a big improvement over the stock pegs.

Try Gilles Machine.

I have a set on mine and they offer everything from the stock position to a little foreward and down from there. I run mine a bit up and to the rear from stock, about 1/2" in both directions. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam.

They were on my bike when I got it and have given me no trouble at all. High quality stuff. You will need all the stock mounting holes/hardware. The adaptors bolt to that.

Try Gilles Machine.

I have a set on mine and they offer everything from the stock position to a little foreward and down from there. I run mine a bit up and to the rear from stock, about 1/2" in both directions. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam.

They were on my bike when I got it and have given me no trouble at all. High quality stuff. You will need all the stock mounting holes/hardware. The adaptors bolt to that.

You mean Gilles Tooling from Germany. http://www.gillestooling.com/en/produkte/as/index.php

I have them too, and they're great!

Only problem is you can't go much lower than original, because the side-stand is in the way of the gear-lever. First time I tried it and switched to first gear the bike seized because it activated the side-stand cut-off switch..... :icon_redface:

I changed the lever, and now it's fine....