CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hyperpro 041 shock tested

R1000

I got the chance to ride a couple of hours today and test the new installed Hyperpro shock. I'm very happy, the nervous rear is not there any more and it eats bumps very effectively. The old stock shock was out so I can't say how it compares to a new stock shock, but the Hyperpro is fully adjustable which is an advantage and it is a far more advanced solution. I will definitely recommend it to anyone.

I also was to replace the fork springs to Hyperpro progressives I have, but didn't do that since there was already extra long WP-suspension progressives in the fork. I just cleaned the fork and put new 7,5W oil into it. I don’t mind the extra stroke that the longer springs provides :icon_angel:

I also shimmed the rear shock 6 mm's and found the steering to be much more responsive as many others has reported.

Total impression is great, now I hope for warm and dry roads since the Bird really asks to be driven hard.

I got the chance to ride a couple of hours today and test the new installed Hyperpro shock. I'm very happy, the nervous rear is not there any more and it eats bumps very effectively. The old stock shock was out so I can't say how it compares to a new stock shock, but the Hyperpro is fully adjustable which is an advantage and it is a far more advanced solution. I will definitely recommend it to anyone.

I also was to replace the fork springs to Hyperpro progressives I have, but didn't do that since there was already extra long WP-suspension progressives in the fork. I just cleaned the fork and put new 7,5W oil into it. I don’t mind the extra stroke that the longer springs provides :icon_angel:

I also shimmed the rear shock 6 mm's and found the steering to be much more responsive as many others has reported.

Total impression is great, now I hope for warm and dry roads since the Bird really asks to be driven hard.

Good for you! I am glad you like them, I do sell them a lot....

Is that you Michael? (Frank here....)

Good for you! I am glad you like them, I do sell them a lot....

Is that you Michael? (Frank here....)

Hi Frank ! Yes it is me, thanks for your great assistance! I couldn't have dream of getting the chance to make a testride in December in Sweden, the weather is really great here. Today its sunny and warm so there will be another trip right now :icon_angel:

Cheers !

Hi Michael

I am almost sure that the springs you are running are not WP's. For more read here.

Last week I was in Paris and one of my colleagues from Sweden was telling me that you have unusually hot winter. Enjoy your ride while it lasts... :icon_smile::icon_smile:

Hi Michael

I am almost sure that the springs you are running are not WP's. For more read here.

Last week I was in Paris and one of my colleagues from Sweden was telling me that you have unusually hot winter. Enjoy your ride while it lasts... :icon_smile::icon_smile:

The springs have a printed mark WP so they should definitely be WP-springs. I don’t know if they are replacement springs to the Bird or for another bike though, but the work very well for me.

post-3595-1167257246_thumb.jpg