CBR1100XX.org Forum

Shark Skinz Solo Seat Cowl

sokanxx

I am looking at this solo cowl, and wondering if anyone has it and how well it actually fits. I currently have a powerbronze rear seat cowl and the fit and look is pretty cheap. I am thinking that this Shark Skinz Solo Cowl may be much better. anyone have experience with it? I would still want to be able to reinstall my stock rear cowl when i put on the saddlebags but otherwise I think this looks pretty sweet.

It doesnt list any for the new XX (big taillight) but that is ok because I ride a 97' which is like the bike pictured. check out the link below

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

post-2285-1165193542_thumb.jpg

post-2285-1165193553_thumb.jpg

post-2285-1165193561_thumb.jpg

There was one on Ebay a few weeks ago. Looks pretty nice, but if you ride 2 up at all you have to switch out the whole cowl.

my girlfriend rides her own F4i and has a strict no passanger policy for me on the XX. so I figure the only time i will have to switch the cowl back to stock would be when i put the saddlebags on. But i switch the countershaft sprocket and windscreen everytime i take a trip of any significant disctance anyways so a few more minutes putting the stock cowl on would not really be much of a big deal. I still have paint left from my respray this summer so that wont be an additional cost for me.

There was one on Ebay a few weeks ago. Looks pretty nice, but if you ride 2 up at all you have to switch out the whole cowl.

my girlfriend rides her own F4i and has a strict no passanger policy for me on the XX. so I figure the only time i will have to switch the cowl back to stock would be when i put the saddlebags on. But i switch the countershaft sprocket and windscreen everytime i take a trip of any significant disctance anyways so a few more minutes putting the stock cowl on would not really be much of a big deal. I still have paint left from my respray this summer so that wont be an additional cost for me.

Well then go get one :icon_cool:

My wife rides with me often so I passed on the ebay one, also I wasn't sure if it would fit over the Corbin.

I've got a fiberglass one piece solo cowl that I'd be willing to part with.

It's similar to the one shown, but is a bit taller. It doesn't fit flush with the passenger seat but instead steps up a bit.......almost exactly like this: IPB Image

I purchased it with the intention of altering the seat and then cutting the top portion and adding a hinge to make a smuggler-type tail out of it. I ended up with a Metisse and altered the seat instead.

The biggest downside of a tail section like this is that unless you modify the seat and latch (or the cowl itself), you have to remove the entire cowl in order to get under the seat.

I like it more than the stock XX tail section but it looks like a whole lot of blank real estate back there.

Maybe a small vent or even a decal would break it up a little.

I agree - a 2-tone paint job/long decals/vents would make that look a helluva lot better, IMHO... As is, the stock seat/cowl set-up actually looks better to me... :icon_eh:

• 1 year later...

***** RESURRECTED *****

Anyone spot one of these lately ? I am looking for a solo cowl, but not the powerbronze model. I cant seem to find anyone selling these, probably something to do with the XX being discontinued !